Chapter 20

To Pres Ro:

                Happy, Happy Birthday po.  I was really pleasantly surprised to know that you read this little story.  Sobrang nakaka-flatter.  And thank you po for the encouragement to keep on writing.  Wishing you po all the best and praying for continued blessings not just for you but for your family as well.   Stay Strong Pres Ro.  Kaya Yan!

A/N:

I truly apologize for the very long delay.   I got caught up in real life.  I had to process important papers and then I went for a long overdue vacation.  It was never my intention to abandon my stories.  For those patiently waiting, Thank you So much.   As in Thank you ng marami.

****

“I’m sorry Sarah.  It’s over.  We’re done.”  

The silence that followed was deafening.   Did Gerald just say that you’re over?

“Babe, I don’t understand.  What are you talking about?”  you asked when you finally found the strength to speak, voice quivering, confusion  clearly etched on your  face.

You see Gerald take a deep breath and look you dead straight in the eyes.   What you see looking back at you are not eyes that you’re used to.  His Eyes are no longer filled with warmth and love.  His eyes no longer bespoke of Home.  Rather, you can only see apathy.  Cold Apathy. 

“I don’t love you anymore!”  He said, voice as cold as the eyes longing back at you.

Wow! 

He said it softly yet you can hear it thundering so loudly in your ears.

Talk about having a bomb suddenly dropping in your lap.    No signs.  No warnings.

“No Sarah!”  The rational part of your brain retorted.  “The signs and warnings were plenty.”

The hearsays.  The chatters.  Then the headlines.  About him and that girl. Later on the photos.  His aloofness.