A 'Nice' Family Dinner

It had been a stupid bank robbery, I had shown up to help but there were already so many heroes dealing with it so I just went home. I woke up for school, god, was this an everyday type of thing? I got ready quickly, waiting downstairs for Toshinori today. I hadn't had much one on one time with him, and I felt bad about it.

"You ready?" He asked as he slipped on his shoes. He glanced at me, I gestured to my school uniform and backpack in a 'duh' manner. The skinny man rolled his eyes at me, smiling softly as we made our way out to the car.

"Don't be mad," I started as we pulled out of the driveway. I figured he should know if people knew who I really was, friends or not.

"What did you do this time?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the road and gripping the steering wheel.

"You make it sound like I always do terrible things, am I a bad kid?" I laughed, smacking his arm lightly.

"yes, very bad. Terrible, even. ESPECIALLY when you hang out with Hawks, bad batch of cookies." I rolled my eyes, laughing with him. 

"Anyway, before you continue to tell me how awful I must be, I told Izuku and Katsuki." I started with that, wanting him to worry and wonder since I was such a bad child.

"Tell them what?" He asked after a second, we were nearing UA now. Better late than never, I stayed silent until we pulled into the parking lot.

"You're going to give me a heart attack! I'm too young to have one!" He cried out, rocking back and forth in the drivers seat as I laughed.

"I told them that I knew that THEY knew about who you are, and that Izuku was your predecessor and that Katsuki also knew and NO ONE told me. So I told them my secret," I felt a bit nervous, shrugging my shoulders as I stared out the window. By the entrance waited my idiots, arguing about something probably really fucking stupid.

"I see, does anyone else know about this?" His face was emotionless, staring at me with semi squinted eyes. His lips pursed, waiting for  a response.

"Nope! And I know they won't say anything about it, so we're all good here!" I said, I got out of the car quickly. I smiled at the man everyone calls my father, while he definitely felt like a father figure, I was worried to call him dad still.

I walked up to my idiots, hearing them argue about some game, or a show maybe? I grabbed their ears, pulling them down to my height as they whined and fought me off. The sun was shining over the courtyard, the wind rustled the trees lightly. I didn't want to go inside and sit in a boring classroom all day, I was really only here because it was free babysitting basically. I could tell Toshinori and Aizawa I had hero work to do and see if Hawks could save me, but if Toshinori says we're rotten children (even though we are NOT children, thanks Toshinori) then they'd never let me go.

I zoned out, staring at my surroundings and taking in the last couple minutes of my freedom before Izuku grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside, away from the grumpy blond boy. He did catch up to us though, continuing to argue about whatever they were arguing about. Were they always like this? How were we all friends, how did I manage this before? I sigh, seeing the sign for our class come into view. I really could just turn and run, Hawks would surely pick me up and we could play hooky all day.

"Internships," Aizawa said while sounding very bored. We had literally just walked into class and he was already starting with bullshit today. The class cheered, I heard a little about this from Toshinori. Students who gained the attention of pros during the sports festival would receive offers to intern for them. I sat in the back, I wasn't here for the festival so there was no need for me to care. Those who had been scouted received a list, those who hadn't still had to find someone to intern for under a different list. Seemed simple.