Chapter 7: Hatching Plans

<< CotE: Tied Beginnings >>

Third Person

The karaoke room exuded an inviting warmth, bathed in the soft glow of muted, multicolored disco lights that danced across the walls. Against one wall, a TV screen stood sentinel, its sleek black frame contrasting sharply with the vibrant chaos of its surroundings.

At the room's center stood a table, laden with an array of shimmering drinks, their labels glistening under the gentle illumination. Two plush couches flanked the table, their cushions bearing the faint assprints of past patrons.

Standing at the door frame, a boy exuded an imposing nature, crowned with short, spiky silver-blonde hair. He sported a large, intimidating build, and a confident grin on his face.

"Heh. Haven't been to one of these in a while," the boy remarked, his piercing blue eyes observing the room with a keen, watchful intensity.

Beside him, a girl emanated an aura of delicate grace, contrasting with the boy's formidable presence. Her light-blonde hair cascaded down her back, tied with a pristine white bow that marked her as a figure of innocence. Bangs swept over her forehead, framing her eyes as blue and clear as a summer sky.

They settled onto one of the plush couches, the light-blonde girl tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "What are we doing here?"

"Well, someone told me to meet 'em here, sayin' it was gonna be worth my time," answered the boy. "And it better be, 'cause if it's not..." He continued his sentence with the crack of his knuckles. "They ain't gonna be leavin' this place alive."

"It would be unwise for you to act violently here," the light-blonde girl cautioned, glancing around the room. Multiple cameras were present. "Also do you know who sent that message?"

"No idea. It was sent anonymously."

"I see."

Silence ensued, wrapping around the boy and the light-blonde girl like a cocoon. The room pulsed with the distant rhythm of the karaoke intermission music, filling the empty gaps that hung in the air.

"Tch. This was a waste of time, after all. Let's g—"

The door suddenly swung open, revealing a vivacious girl. Her vibrant magenta hair tamed into mischievous twin tails, each tied with a daring red ribbon, while her yellow-scarlet eyes observed the two figures seated on the couches. A perpetual grin played upon her lips, meeting the boy's stern presence with gleeful irreverence, seemingly unswayed by his imposing frame.

"You're late."

"Yeah, I know~. I just got the time a little mixed up, okay?" With an air of casual confidence, the magenta-haired girl sauntered over to one of the couches and seated herself across from the boy.

"So, can you tell me what we're here for?" inquired the boy, his tone tinged with impatience.

"What's with the rush? Why don't we like, do some karaoke?" The magenta-haired girl leaned back, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Stop wastin' our time. Get straight to the point already," retorted the boy, slightly raising his voice.

A playful sigh escaped the magenta-haired girl. "Gosh, you're no fun. Seriously, why so tense? If you need some eye candy, you can look under the table and get a glimpse of my pant-"

"Stop fuckin' around," the boy barked as he shot up from his seat, his glare unwavering. "I'll make you regret it," he warned, clenching his fists.

"Let's calm down," interjected the light-blonde-haired girl. "I believe we should hear her out first."