Chapter 8

Ace

The party with one of my connections -who I still can't remember the name of- is tonight. I haven't seen Arya all day, she's probably the main invite, people want to see the girl on my arm. Today will be that day and for some reason, it scares the shit out of me.

Luca spoke to me but I wasn't listening, until I heard Arya's name "Say again?" I looked over at Luca and he nodded forward to the kitchen. There was Arya, dressed in sleepwear. I haven't seen anything as sexy in this house. I walked over seeing my men were watching her, this house is filled with men who don't have female company. She's a sitting duck.

Arya smiled at me, we hadn't spoken since yesterday morning after I let my guard down. And now she has a hold on me. Her shorts wrapped her thighs perfectly and the cropped shirt she wore and no bra was making me and every other man in my house crazy. 

 I drifted from her and found the fridge and pulled out a bottle filled with some green shit Snow makes me drink, says Cassie wants him to drink it. She turned to me "For tonight, is it something that is a party, or more of a fancy-dressed dinner?" Arya asked leaning herself against the bench and dragging my attention from anything she was saying. 

"Fancy dress with a side of party" Luca answered as he walked in, Arya practically perked up as he walked in the kitchen. Like she was waiting for him. I snickered "Yes, tonight will be filled with other Mafia leaders, it's an annual dinner with the leaders and their women," I said and Arya's nostrils flared. 

 She nodded then turned and reached for something on the top shelf, she knew what she was doing, the way her shorts rode up her ass, the way her ass circled itself creating the perfect view. but it left quickly as she turned "And what time are you expecting me to be ready?" she asked as she sucked on a lollypop, she has to know what she was doing to me now. 

I smirked "Be in the foyer at seven" Then I walked off taking Luca with me. 

We reached my office and Luca chuckled "You hitting that yet?" he pointed to the door, had anyone else said this about Arya I may have thrown them through the door "No Luca I am no hitting that, that arrangement is purely business" I shook my head "So you won't even have sex again? because you don't strike me as the cheating type" Luca sat in the chair across from me. 

He made a point, but I dodged it when someone knocked on the door "Saved by the knock" Luca sighed "Come in" I yelled towards the door and Snow walked "So I don't get invited to the mother's meetings anymore I guess?" he said coming in and taking his seat next to Luca. 

I chuckled, these guys are like my brothers and I don't normally let my guard down around many people, well I only let it down in front of Luca and Snow. 

"Ace, there's someone who wants to speak with you but I assume you wanted to get ready for the party tonight" I checked my watch "It's eleven o'clock, why would I get ready now?" I asked thinking he was an idiot "Nope, Ace all good, you get ready" he said winking at me and I finally understood what he was doing. Good lad. 

The door opened again "Ace can I have a word?" Arya said coming in dressed properly now, but to my disgust, she decided to wear a bra this time. 

"Come sit," I said nodding for Luca to leave. Arya sat in his spot, for some reason that irritated me. 

"My family have been in contact with a friend and, not my parents but my grandparents and other family members are sending search parties to find me" 

Arya sat there with a worried look on her face "I think, for yourself and my own safety, I make an appearance and at least stay in contact with my cousin, and maybe you'd come with me so I have an excuse to be away from home so long" she rubbed her arm and that sounded less like a question and more like a demand.