29

"Hello?" Yunjin answers her phone after it rings. "Oh.."

"What is it?" Jinsol asked. "Is there something wrong?"

"I'll take this call first." Yunjin says and gets out of the room. She comes back a few minutes later.

"Is there a problem, baby?"

"Dad asked me to meet a client here."

"So?"

"It's on our anniversary."

"Oh..." a frown formed on Jinsol's face. "You aren't gonna be with me for the day then?"

"Don't worry, I declined." Yunjin reassured. "They've been busy. He said he'll try to find someone else."

"It's such an important day. I don't wanna spend it without you."

"He's calling again." She answered the phone. "Did you find someone, dad?"

"Unfortunately, not."

"Can't you move it a day before or a day later?" Yunjin suggests. "It's me and Jinsol's anniversary. I don't want to do work."

"I know, I'm sorry. The client is really busy as well and can't move schedules. It'll only be for an hour or two... You can have the rest of the day all to yourselves."

"What is it?" Jinsol whispers.

"I have to go..." Her girlfriend mouths. "I'm sorry, babe."

"Are you really going to make your daughter do work while she's injured?" Jinsol snatches the phone.

"Jinsol!" Yunjin tries not to yell. She gets the phone back before Jinsol says anything worse.

"Injured? What do you mean?" He asked in confusion. "What happened?"

"It was an accident." Yunjin tried to reason. "I have a cast but I'm fine."

"What did you do, Yunjin?" He asked worriedly. "Did you hurt yourself again?"

"I'm fine, Dad. There's nothing to worry about."

"What happened, Yunjin?" His tone was more firm this time. Anger could be heard through the speaker.

"I'm fine! Stop asking me what happened."

"I'm giving you the chance to tell me or else I'll ask someone else."

"Fine! I cut myself." Yunjin couldn't help it. "I'm okay."

"Yunjin, I thought we were over this. Do you want me to lock you in a room with your hands tied again?"

"Please no!"

"Now tell me what happened."

Yunjin was silent. Jinsol takes the phone and answers for her.

"It was my fault." Jinsol admits. "I'm sorry. I never thought it would end that way."

"What did you do, Jinsol?"

"Yunjin and I got into an argument. I stormed out of the house. She tried to talk to me but I refused so she went back to hurt herself."

"I trusted you..." was all he could say.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know she'd do it again."

"I thought I found the person who would be understanding to her. I guess I was wrong."

"The damage was already done and I can't undo it. I'm trying my best to make it up to her."

"I'm very disappointed in you."