Chapter 21: Her true identity

'Nightmares don't go easily,
memories always keeps you haunting'
~Cason~

Past
Midnight

"Nooo..no no please don't kill him. Dadddd..noo" Cason screamed waking up. Leonardo woke up too. He switched on the lamps.

"Nightmares?"

"Yes..but when did you come back?"

"An hour ago."

"Was it bad? Scared you?"

"It did—of course. The nightmares won't go easily, the past memories always keeps me haunting'
Leonardo. It was of my father's death..again. It repeats every single day..and I am not even able to sleep properly since past 2 days now."

"Don't worry, they shall go by time. You know even I used to have nightmares when i was little; very little. We were four siblings, my elder brother-Gavin, then it was me, then my sister Geneve and my youngest sister, Lili. It was a random day, everyone was out for some work..it was just me and Lili at home-that day. I was in my room using my mobile and Lili was down in the hall, watching television..when suddenly she screamed my name loudly. Hearing her I quickly came out of my room, looking down to what happened..I saw there were goons in our house holding my sister; not goons but the gang members of our enemy. I wondered how did they come inside with such a tight security?!
I slowly walked down the stairs and requested them to let her go. I told them take me but do not hurt my sister. But they laughed at me instead, I was helpless, I couldn't do anything to protect her. I was just 14 year old, I knew nothing about all this, I wasn't trained..but there I saw a flower vasc and I threw it towards them to distract them but they got anger instead and slapped me. They told me there will be consequences for this and Lili started crying instantly when they started hitting me, kicking me. And another of them pulled the trigger and killed Lili. They killed her in front of my eyes and I couldn't save her, they left after killing her..I ran towards her, trying to wake her up..but she was already dead. My parents were back by then. My father immediately asked me what happened here but I couldn't say him anything. My mother holding lifeless body of sister, my siblings crying for her and I hold my father and cried in his arms. I used to have nightmares of her death for years.
We couldn't forget her death till date..years passed by and we all grew up, both I and Gavin was all ready to take over the underworld and rule it,y father trained us in a way that any other time if this type of a situation occurs, we kill our enemy instead of waiting for someone to die. It was time for Gavin to take over-as he was the eldest, but he denied to take over at the last moment..he said that he doesn't wants to be involved in all this, he didn't wanted to die early..he was a coward, he was scared by our enemies. So I took over instead and he settled down, getting married, having children. He shifted and lives here in Florence, now. We shall meet him soon. And Geneve, she is married too, but she never distanced herself from us..from my parents unlike Gavin did to us." Leonardo narrated.

"And..what about you? Your family? Didn't you start one?"

"We shall talk about it some other day, I hope you are okay now.. a little relieved, so sleep now." He said lying down on his side.

Morning
I woke up by a knock on the door, it was Monica again. I wonder why is she here now?

"Yes?"

"Boss said he would like to meet you in the backyard in a few minutes."

"Okay, I will be there"

"Okay and what would you like to have in breakfast today?"

"Whatever is available"

"I can make something else if you would like me to?"

"No thank you miss."