Chapter 22: I Still Love You

Present

Next day in Iliya's room

"Iliya may I come in?" Pedro knocks on the door.

"Of course dad, come in."

He sits on the bed beside her.

"How are your wounds now? Are you applying the cream on time?"

"Yes dad, they will he gone in a few days..don't worry about it."

"But the scar made on your face will keep you reminding of the fire everyday."

"I will try not to remember the day then, dad."

"Hmm. Anyways I have been wanting to ask you something"

"Yes dad."

"Why did that man came to our house, yesterday?"

"Are you talking about Cason Marquino, dad?"

"Yes Iliya, why did he come here? Wasn't he the one behind burning down the headquarters?"

"I don't know dad, he said it was his brother and he was just here to check upon me."

"Are you sure that is all? I was looking at both of you fork upstairs-I saw the way he looks at you Iliya..it's different..Is something going on between the both of you? Are you seeing him, Iliya?"

"No dad, of course not. I wound never date him. Nothing is going on between us, he is our enemy after all."

"But it doesn't look like it. He looks at you with loving eyes. He cares for you. What the deal about him then-does he have feelings for you?"

"No dad he isn't capable of having feelings. it isn't what it looks like. Trust me I am just bearing him so that he doesn't attack us any further. Also I am trying to get his plans out of him, that's it dad nothing else, I swear. Also you know that I already like Ro.."

She immediately stopped her sentence from finishing.

"I believe you dear but don't take any consequences darling, he may outsmart you. Be careful when you are around him." And he left from there.

Later that day after thinking a lot about everything I thought it was finally the time I confess my feelings to Miguel..after all he's finally single now. I went to his house, but his brother told he wasn't there, so I went to search for him and finally found him, he was near the lake..I was going to him but stopped when I saw Andrea with him. What was she doing there? I broke my heart to see them together again, I thought he moved on from her big guess what he didn't maybe.

"Andrea.." Miguel said coldly.

"Miguel..is that you?" She turned, almost hitting his chest.

She took a step back and,

"What are you doing here?"

"I am here to see you. We have to talk!"

"Wait..I don't understand. What do you want to talk about?"

"I tried..I tried everything to forget you but I couldn't..I couldn't forget you Andrea; the we spent together, I cannot forget it..I cannot just stop loving you because I do lo—"

"No please don't say any further.
I am with Nicolas now, so please Miguel speak wisely."

She wasn't able to hear them clearly, so she went a little forward, hiding herself behind a tree, to hear them clearly.

"I know what I am about to say is probably the most selfish thing I have ever said in my life but I just have to say it-I still love you Andrea."

I couldn't believe what I just heard-Miguel is still in love with Andrea—that means me never moved on! And here I was going to make a fool of myself if I wold have confessed my feelings to him, because he fucking never moved on from Andrea..thank go I got to know everything beforehand. But my heart aches to know the truth, it hurts that he can never be mine.