Prologue

Aleksandar's Daylight Ring

Aleksandar smiles as he and Stefan lie in bed together "Alek, promise me that this is forever

Aleksandar smiles as he and Stefan lie in bed together "Alek, promise me that this is forever." Stefan tells him, rolling to face him. "I promise, I'm never letting you go now I've found you." Aleksandar tells him, kissing him gently. Just the, the door opens and Katerina walks in "Giuseppe is home." she tells them. Stefan sighs and get up, pulling his shirt and trousers on "I'll see you at the Founder's Ball?" he asks his boyfriend. "Of course." Aleksandar nods with a smile, watching his boyfriend walk out and sneak back to his own room. Katerina smiles and lies on the bed next to her twin "I'm happy you're finally happy, bliznak (twin in Bulgarian)." she tells him. Aleksandar smiles at her and kisses her forehead "I better get dressed and presentable." he tells her. "Wear your new jacket, Stefan likes that tone of brown on you." Katerina tells him, sending him a wink as she walks back out.

Alek wakes up to someone kissing his neck, making him hum with a smile "Don't start something you can't finish Mr Salvatore." he says, rolling to face his husband. "Pretty sure it's Salvatore-Petrova." Stefan smirks, kissing him. Alek hums "Never going to get tired of hearing that." he smiles, kissing him back. "You sure you're alright with us going back to Mystic Falls tomorrow?" Stefan asks. "I'm alright as long as I'm with you." Alek responds. "Still with the cheesy pick up lines?" Stefan chuckles. "I thought you liked them cheesy?" Alek playfully pouts. Before Stefan can respond their bedroom door opens slightly "Is it safe to come in?" Marco, their sixteen year old son, asks. Alek chuckles "Yeah, you can come in Bud." he responds. Marco smiles and walks in, flopping onto his parents bed "When are we leaving?" He asks. "After breakfast, you packed everything?" Stefan asks. "Yep, I just finished." Marco nods. "Just like your Papa." Stefan chuckles. "Hey!" Alek and Marco exclaim.

Aleksandar and Stefan's Wedding Rings