Chapter 3

Eda stared at the flower shaped diamond ring. She was found with it on her finger after her accident. Fishermen of a village near Amutlu. She was taken to the Amutlu Hospital where she stayed in coma for weeks. She was severely injured and had a skull surgery as her head hit something during her accident. A scar she hated marring her forehead and hairline.

As she woke up, three weeks ago, the last thing Eda remembered was a pajama party with the girls, it was march 2020. To her shock, the doctors announced the present day date as February 2021. She didn't remember an entire year of her life.

Panic striken, she had called Ayfer Hala and told her everything. Ayfer had sobbed on the phone, they had been looking for her everywhere. She had a car accident.

Eda still needed rehab and medical care, she couldn't be transfered to Istanbul yet. Ayfer had offered for one of her friend to come take care of her, Eda agreed but she expected Melo or Ceren, or Fifi. It was Deniz that Ayfer sent. She hadn't seen him in two years, three, if she counted the one she didn't remember. Ayfer said that Melo was busy with something, that a lot had happened, that Fifi was in London and Ceren was a lawyer now. Eda found it strange but didn't push it, she didn't remember a whole year, her aunt knew better.

But now, a couple of weeks spent with Deniz in this small house, Eda felt like she was suffocating. Not that he wasn't nice, he took care of her and was the sweetest friend, but she felt like something wasn't right.

She stared at the ring again. There was no way that Cenk could afford such a ring. Maybe it wasn't a real one and the stones were replica. It was beautiful, it catpured her so well and felt like it just belonged on her finger. Eda was intrigued by it because she had no memories selecting it.

She had a few flashes in her sleep and when she concentrated. A man's heavenly scent filling her senses, his three pieces suit, his touch. She could never see his face. But the flashes kept on coming. Was she involved with another man ? Eda didn't knew.

Her immediate problem was that she couldn't apply for her last semestre of Masters in Italy because a bourse she had obtained from Art Life, an architecture company, was taken from her. There was one face she remembered very well and she hated, Serkan Bolat's.

"Eda ?" Deniz called her from being as she stared from the window.

"Deniz, I think I am ready to go back to Istanbul." Eda said firmly. "I have a life to get back to, I am well over able to take care of myself now. I've been good for a week, even the migraines are getting rare." She decided.

"Tamam.." Deniz agreed, a sceptical look on his face.

....

Serkan took a bite of his food, cutting the boiled and seasoned potatoes and raising the fork to his mouth before stopping, a memory flashing in his mind.

"Patatesler bile değişiyor." Eda's voice reasoned in his head and tears filled his eyes as he put the fork down.

He had told her she was the rainbow of his life that day, he remembered her sunshine smile at that and tears poured from his eyes.

She was the treasure of his heart, how could he ever live without her ? His heart physically hurt with the pain of missing her.

He missed just seeing her around in the office, watching her through the pannel doors, feeling her scent around.

On many occasions, when such a memory was triggered, so vivid in his mind, Serkan felt so much pain, daggers piercing his heart that he wished to die. He didn't want to live in a world without the love of his life.
A life without Eda Yıldız wasn't worth living. He wasn't living before she thaught him to.