Chapter 6

"I love her Ayfer Hanim, you've been knowing that." Deniz pressed as Ayfer and he sat around tea.

"I know Deniz, and I've always found you suitable for her. Ama, you know Eda, stubborn and stupid, she dated here and there after you left, and then Serkan came into her life, used her with this contract thing and she was dumb enough to fall for him." Ayfer sighed, Deniz had confessed to her before he left, he was in love with Eda.

Eda was just 22 then, studying and completely carefree, she wasn't even serious enough to notice his advances

"How did she fall for such a man, he isn't even her type. Eda liked camping, outdoors, canyoning, she's so happy and lively. That man seems boring, was she even happy with him ?" Deniz asked in frustration.

"When they were together, yes. But a lot of things happened, he hurt her a lot, she lost her light for a while." Ayfer sighed.

"Like what, what did he do ?" Deniz asked.

Ayfer stilled as she heard the door unlock and voices.

"Shh that's Melo and Eda." She quieted.

"Hala ? We're home." Eda announced removing her shoes.

"Welcome, I made you some shorba and there's you favourite bread. Melo didn't even let you eat in peace." Ayfer offered.

"There's food everywhere out in the city Ayfer Abla, we're just getting back from a café. She had to meet Serkan." Melo argued.

"Allah-Allah, don't start you both, I'll go wash my hands and we can eat." Eda smiled and Ayfer smiled back.

Melo sighed, how could she be so unaffected. Serkan hadn't eaten a proper meal for two weeks after her disapearance. 2 entire weeks he relied on water, coffee, yogourts and granola bars at maximum.

"Deniz... what brings you here ?" Melo asked with a small smile.

"I am back in Turkiye since a few months and when Ayfer Hanim called me to take care of Eda, I couldn't say no." He smiled.

"Right, I have invited Alex for dinner too, if you both don't mind." Ayfer smiled as the doorbell rang.

Eda was back and frowned. "Alex who ?" She asked clueless.

"Ayfer Abla's dating." Melo sighed, she didn't hate Ayfer, but now her carelessness and complete calmness going on dates and spending time with Alex made sense.

Melo thought she did it to forget it, to drown her pain, but she knew Eda was alive and safe the entire time and kept her closest friends and her almost husband in the dark. She was still upset about that to say the least.

"Ah oh, tamam." Eda smiled, suprised but not unhappy.

-

"I'd love to go rock climing again, or do festivals, it's been such a long time we didn't go, would you be up to it Eda ?" Deniz conversed over dinner.

Melo rolled her eyes. "Didn't you just came back from an exotic vacation ?" She sighed.

"It was recovery Melek!" Ayfer cut her.

"Neyse, we have amazing resorts in Italy, up in the Alps, if any of you wish to come, I will be glad to host you." Alex chimmed in.

Eda's face fell at the mention of Italy. She had her dream snatched away from her. She wanted to study in Italy so bad, but Serkan Bolat had ruined that dream of her.

She needed to figure a plan and join in Istanbul. "I need to apply for Universities, talking about that." She let out.

Melo looked at her. "Ne apply ? You're already signed in University Eda, you were working on your final project when the accident happened. You told me you called the professor to postpone the delay. I am sure you still have time to resume it or you could ask for a couple of months more." Melo smiled at her.