Links

For some reason Levi was looking at him oddly. Eren glanced behind him, since Levi's eyes kept going there.

"What are you starring at?" Eren finally asked over breakfast the next morning.

"I had a dream that I met you at the Yeager compound. You had wings, and a tail." Levi said into his tea.

"That would have been cool, but no, dad never did that to me." Eren snorted.

"You said you had..." Levi began.

"Dad always told me I had ..." Eren started to say.

"... special blood." They ended together.

"Ooh, this could be fun!" Hange giggled from the doorway.

"We still have four hours before the dome comes down. Eren come with me. I promise I won't hurt you." The manic look in their eye told him otherwise.

"Uh, can Armin come along?" Eren asked, forcing the last bite of his food down his throat.

"I'm coming too." Levi set his cup down.

"Which means Erwin's coming. They won't hurt you!" Armin reassured his friend.

Eren nodded as a servant came to collect their dishes. They all followed Hange into the lab. The first hour was pretty routine stuff. She drew blood, listened to his internal organs, spoke to Moblit in some medical jargon before Hange clapped their hands together.

"Now for the big machines!" They crowed.

Hange took me through an MRI, ultrasound and CT scan. I was getting back into my own clothes when Moblit rushed in.

"It's true he has unusual blood, but that's not all. You saw this right?" he thrust a paper at Hange.

The mad scientist waved it away, a grim look on their face. "Yeah, I saw it." They muttered.

"Saw what?" Levi demanded.

"The brain... well I'm not sure if it's brain damage or some sort of evolutionary thing. Brain abnormity is the best way to describe it." Hange sounded more as if they were talking to themselves than the others.

"What do you mean?" Levi demanded walking up to them.

He snatched the print out from their hand. Armin looked at me. I shrugged. He sighed looking defeated for some reason. I looked from Levi to him, then sat down beside him. We were pressed against the side of the wall, out of everyone's way.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"I had this feeling for awhile now..." Armin sighed not looking at me.

I shouldered him a little. He blinked but found a broken pen to pick at the stone flooring with. For a long minute he sat there looking as if he just lost his best friend.

"Hey, no matter what happens, I'm not leaving you." I told him wrapping my arm around his shoulders.

"You've put up with all my weirdness over the years." I grinned at him.

"That's what I thought it was, at first." He sighed.

Pulling his backpack around, he dug into it. Armin loved to read and write. Seeing him with a notebook or a reading book was a daily occurrence. He spent a lot of his time at the public libraries. He pulled out his leather bound notebook. It was one I bought him for his birthday about three years ago. He held it looking at it suspiciously.

"What?" I asked him.

"Sometimes, well, a lot of the times when you sleep, you would talk. Most of it was typical things. Until one day when I heard you reciting code. I began to write it down. It's been about five ish years, but the code it didn't repeat, like ever. I thought it was odd." Armin turned to look at me.