Minzy - POS

Stage name: Minzy [94'liner]Birth name: Gong MinjiNationality: South Korean Years active: 2017 - presentEntertainment: MZ

Birth name: Gong Minji
Nationality: South Korean
Years active: 2017 - present
Entertainment: MZ

– Minzy's father's surname is Lee. Gong is her mom's surname before the marriage.

– She has one older sister Gong Minyoung who is a Contemporary Christian Music (CCM) artist.

– Nickname: Minkki.

– She won several dance awards prior to her debut at various dance competitions.

– Minzy was discovered after someone uploaded a dance audition clip of her on the internet.

– She's the granddaughter of famous traditional dancer Gong Ok-jin.

– She attended the same dance school (Millyohrae Joy Dance Academy & Plug-in Music Academy) as  Hara (KARA), Seungri (Big Bang), and Yunho (DBSK).

– Minzy joined YG Entertainment when she was in 6th grade.

– Trained for 5 years before joining 2NE1.

– When she was in fifth or sixth grade, she was the school announcer and class president.

– She debuted with 2NE1 in 2009.

– Minzy was also part of project group Unnies.

– She likes photography and wants to become a photographer.

– Has a Gundam collection.

– She's a fan of Black Eyed Peas.

– Minzy was on Season 2 on KBS 2TV's Sister's Slam Dunk.

– She knows how to knit.

– She hates scary movies.

– She listens to Reggeton but she likes every genre of music.

– Her favorite color is purple.

– She's a huge fan of Usher, she fell in love with him when she saw him perform live; she said "When I saw him, I was thinking to myself, how can a guy be so sexy".

– Michael Jackson is one of her musical influences.

– She can dance in a sexy way to any song, even if it's a children song.

– She loves puppies but is scared of dogs.

– Minzy is friends with YG Dance groups HITECH and CRAZY.

– Minzy opened up to her mental health according to Billboard.

– She said she started developing depression when she was 16 or 17 years old during her debut with 2NE1.

– She speaks Korean, English, Japanese, and Chinese.

– Minzy left 2NE1 on April 6, 2016.

– In 2017, she appeared in King of Masked Singer as "A Richly-toned Perilla Leaf Girl".

– She is close to Jeon Somi.

– As of early 2020, Minzy has terminated her contract with Music Works.

– In October 2020 Minzy has launched her own agency, MZ Entertainment.