5. message

Barty was his competition?

Evan couldn't stop thinking of the day before. The way the teacher praised him. For just doodling. Not even trying one bit. And then, he. Who put his heart and soul, blood and literal sweat into making it perfect... got... nothing?

He was usually the best at art, after he'd topped Regulus last year.

Evan turned on his phone to have several texts from the groupchat. He turned off his phone and concentrated on the books Infront of him. The library was quiet.

He'd made Pandora take their little sister home. So now it was just him and his alone time. He had a few exams coming up. But the one he was scared of most was history.

He was an idiot at it.

All those years, dates, war's. God, just thinking about it made his head ache.

Not knowing where to start, Evan just read through his notes. He just read them quietly. His lips moved with every hushed word he let out of his mouth.

A book from a higher shelf was removed. Headphones in the boy's ears. Though the taller boy's gaze landed on the blond. Watching him study.

He wasn't reading from the right book.

Barty thought. He definitely wasn't an expert at history but he was somewhat smart at it. Barty scoured the bookshelves until he found an old-looking brown book. Barty blew away the dust which was covering it's surface.

He then walked towards his classmate and took the textbook he was reading. Evan didn't even have the time to say anything as another book was thrown on the table. Then the lanky-er of the two flipped the pages until he found the chapter he was looking for and pointed to a certain sentence.

"Wh-"

"Shut up, will you?" Barty mumbled as he heard something that sounded like a word from Evan. "I'm saving your time, and your grades." He huffed and sped walked to another shelf putting the other book in its place. Leaving the library for good.

Evan was left with an old book which looked as if it survived all the war's and was older than headmaster Dumbledore.

He reluctantly read the first few chapters. Barty was right...

This did help.

But why would Barty help him? They barely new eachother. And we're basically competiting for the title of best artist.

...✧。⁠_⁠~°◍_✯_⁠◍°~_⁠。✧...

"I'm home!" The blond shouted as he ran up the stairs. Hoping to see his sister and twin.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his nose scrunched at Pandora who was applying makeup to their baby sister.

"Nothing!" Dora shouted and let Anya get behind them.

Evan dropped his school bag to the floor and looked at Pandora sternly. Trying to see any form of change. It was spotted just a while after.

The eldest walked over to Pandora in a hurry. Seeing the bruise forming on their cheekbone. "No." He whispered and turned to Anya who was tugging onto Pandora's long flowy zebra-printed pants.

The child flinched away from her brother. "Anya, it's me." Evan crouched down so they could be on the same level. Putting out a hand for his sibling to take.

When she was ready to take it Evan pulled her towards him gently. Checking her for any injury. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Does anything hurt."

The girl turned to Pandora with their shiny blue eyes. Dora just nodded and Anya replied to her brother be pointing to her cheek.

But, there wasn't anything there?

Wouldn't an injury be visible?

Pandora went to grab a tissue and damp it in water before coming back to their siblings. They damped it on Anya's cheek gently. Apologizing every time she let out a wince.

Evan's heart was breaking at every sound of his sister. He should have been there. "Why did you put makeup on her! It just hurts her more now!" He shouted at Pandora. "It was my idea." The girl said. "I didn't want you to worry." Her face started to become more sad.

...✧。⁠_⁠~°◍_✯_⁠◍°~_⁠。✧...

Barty dropped his things by the door. He tugged his shoes off and walked into the kitchen. A note was left on the fridge. Like nearly every day.

I have to work late today, I'll be home at eleven.

-dad

Barty took the note in his hand, crumpled it and tossed it in the trash.

Bartimius wasn't his dad. He was sure of it. He was his father. That's all. The boy took a big looking pot and reached for the instant Mac n cheese. He heated up the stove and let it cook.

He then scrolled through his phone until he thought it was done. Wyd? A text lit up on the partially green haired boy's phone.

Don't text me. He wasn't even sure who it was but he did have a hunch.

And why not? ;) was sent back.

Now he was getting scared. It was definitely him. He texted like that. Barty scrambled to lock all doors and windows. Also secure the hamster they owned. Also known as Pickles.

He didn't reply further. In his old town he used to take electric guitar lessons by one of his peers. He was slightly older and known as Dan. They had quite a fight last year which also added to Bart'ys... attempt.

He didn't want to have anything drawing him to the past. No people, no things. Nothing. He wanted to move on. But with Dan texting him. That wouldn't be possible. He knew Dan was capable of quite a lot. Like helping Barty set up fireworks in the boy's bathroom in his old school and getting away with it. All the fault thrown onto Barty.

Not this again...

This couldn't end up like last year.

It couldn't.

...✧。⁠_⁠~°◍_✯_⁠◍°~_⁠。✧...

Another filler chap out!