Part Seven

K...sorry i havnt been uploading any of my books but i wuz involved in the school musical Beauty and the Beast as Lumiere the candle guy and we performed a lot these past two weeks so ya...

this is the chapter uv been waiting for...the answers! This is gonna be a little confusing but hopefully will help u to understand more about angels and crap like that...so without farther ado...

 facebook link to the right...click to get to the chrnicles of the winged page! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE like it! it means a lot thanks...

7.

I still don't know why, but at that moment a smile crept its way onto my lips. I suppose it was more relief than anything. It was a chance. A chance that Croy may have been lying, that these people really were my friends and not plotting against me as he suggested.

Evelyn nodded. "Yeah, see we are angels."

I nodded slowly still in awe as I beholded Peris's magnificent wings as they unfurled into the late morning sunlight. He caught my expression and smirked. I immediately blushed and looked down to my lap.

Was staring at an angel's wings like . . . checking them out?

Yes, it is.

My head snapped upwards as the unexpected response echoed through my mind. I just couldn't become used to the whole telepathy mind reading concept. Was there a down side to being an angel? I felt my cheeks heat up thought at his confirmation.

I uh- sorry.

Peris's deep chuckled sounded through my head. It was so peculiar to hear someone's voice and laugh but look over to find their lips not moving in the slightest. I glanced toward Evelyn she was just laughing at Peris's wings in glee.

How come Evelyn can't hear our in brain conversation? I asked in my mind.

Angels only hear telepathic conversations if they wish to. Evelyn isn't aware we are and therefore cant pick up the thoughts. She has to be aware of the conversation to join it.

Oh.

He smiled a perfect smile from across the porch railing and I felt his mind stop prodding mine. He was gone. It felt strange, the proximity of his mind, as though he were invading my personal space. It felt as though he could access my thoughts and memories as easily as I could breathe.

I shook my head clearing it of any thoughts and sat back down in my seat across from Evelyn. She turned back to me as Peris began to refold his wings, letting them slowly shrink away until they became once more stubs on his shoulder blades. Then, with one wiggle they sunk into his back leaving him with the appearance of a human once more.

I met Evelyn's glistening blue eyes as they hovered on my face for a moment anxious. Anxious for the story she knew I would make her tell me.

"Okay ready?" she asked preparing herself for the explanation for me. She sunk further into the depths of her chair getting comfortable. Peris returned to his spot on the porch railing, leaning against it casually and looping his thumbs underneath his suspenders as he crossed his ankles.

I kept my eyes away from him still in awe of the mighty wings he was able to hide underneath his skin, yet I could still feel the presence of his eyes on me as I sat anxiously awaiting the return of Evelyn's voice.

"Where do I begin!?" She wondered aloud. After a moment's thought she came to an apparent conclusion. "All right then. Here we go. You see, my story begins when I was but a child. It was probably around grade five that I died. I had always been a brilliant student and was studious in every subject. I was reliant and mature and had a strange advantage in the athletic area. I was good at any sport I tried and loved each of them. I was a natural born fighter and was even better than my karate instructor within less than a year! I died when I was in only my second year of school.