Chapter I: The Creation of Light

In the beginning of time, the supreme creator made a being named Vix, and for ten thousand years, Vix lay silent, never opening his eyes.

Vix eventually grew bored and opened his eyes to find that he was surrounded by an infinite amount of darkness. Troubled by the nothingness that surrounded him, Vix took a piece of his heart and crushed it in the palm of his hand. He threw the pieces into the sky, and those pieces became stars.

He then took a piece of his heel and kneaded it into a sphere. When he blew on the sphere his breath caused it to ignite. He took the orb and placed it among the stars, where his heel became the sun.

Afterward, Vix took a piece of his other heel and kneaded it in the same way. Without igniting it he placed it among the stars away from the sun. That heel became the moon.

With his body, Vix created a vibrant universe. To ensure the function of the realm, he governed it with physics, a foundation of laws everything in the universe would thrive by.

Vix desired to create intelligent life to put his realm to use, so in the midst of his realm he created a planet that could sustain mortal beings. He placed his planet not an inch too close nor too far from the sun, to protect it from burning and freezing. Within the laws of physics he made sure that his special planet would be inhabitable.

On this planet, Vix fashioned the ground to produce life. From the dirt and sand emerged beings in pairs of two, holding each other by hand. These beings are called mankind, now commonly known as the human race.

Vix gave the humans authority over the planet they inhabited, thus limiting his own. He taught them how to speak and how to make use of their resources. In time, they became a great civilization.

Every so often, the ground would surface more humans. One man and one woman at a time, always holding each other by hand.

For the humans, Vix created animals, plants, and minerals, that were all in service to his creation. The humans maintained the planet Vix gave them and called it their "earth". Soon, they began mating and reproducing on their own.

Vix saw that mankind no longer needed to emerge from the ground, so he stopped the earth from producing more humans to prevent overpopulation.

Vix's creation brought him pleasure, but when he looked upon the human race, he found their appearance to be unpleasant.

Because humans were born from the ground their features were dull and nude. The humans were all different shades of brown, tan, and ivory with dark colored hair and dark colored eyes. This was displeasing to Vix.

Some humans possessed light colored hair and bright colored eyes. To Vix these people were nicer to look at, but still he was not satisfied with them. Because of this, Vix decided to make another species in the likeness of humans.

Vix fashioned mystic flowers and plants to create new life. Because these mystic beings were born from vibrant sources, they appeared more colorful than humans and possessed mystical abilities that humans did not. Vix called these beings elvenfolk, a race inspired by mankind.

The elves and humans share similar complexions, but elvenfolk possess hair and eye colors of any possible shade. Because of this, the elves found favor in Vix's eye.

The humans and the elves also possessed a similar physique. The only physical difference between the beings are the elvenfolk's long and pointy ears. Human ears are usually small and round.

The humans took a liking to the elves and began mating with them as well as their own kind. When Vix saw the elves could reproduce on their own, he stopped the mystic flowers and plants from bearing more elves to prevent overpopulation.

Together, the humans and elves lived in harmony with the realm they coexisted in and Vix saw that his creation was good.

After years had passed, Vix saw the mortals begin to quarrel with one another. Because the humans and the elves possessed intelligence and free will, they had a clear choice between doing good and doing evil. The mortals who chose to do evil were destined to destroy themselves and every living thing on their planet.

Vix could not let the nature of the mortals demolish his creation, however by giving the mortals freedom to think and act for themselves he could not intervene with their decision making. For this reason, Vix decided to create six new beings. From the stars these mortal-like beings were born, possessing mystic powers far beyond that of an elf.

These beings are known as The Guardians. The job of a Guardian is to guarantee the proper function of the earth, as well as influence the mortals to practice good behavior.

The Guardians were to ensure that Vix's creations never became aware of the atrocities they were capable of; and as long as the Guardians did their job, the humans and elves would live in peaceful bliss.

Finally, near the end of the beginning, Vix decided to name everything under his creation. His universe was a vibrant one made of dreams and fairytales. He called his creation: The Realm of Light, for he created the realm in order to escape the darkness.