Chapter IV: The Burning Passion of A Loved One

For the next two weeks, the spring festival celebrations went smoothly. Elwin would spend most of his time with Maximilian, while occasionally accompanying his youngest daughter as she wandered about the palace garden.

One day, Elwin asked Fae if she would care to join him on a picnic. He wanted to spend time with her alone, and fortunately for him she felt the same way. Early the next morning, the two set up a picnic on the outskirts of the palace, near the mystic woods. Fae percured the food and Elwin brought the blankets.

"I don't think I've ever seen you eat before." Fae remarked while watching Elwin bite into a small sandwich.

"I don't need to. My energy comes from the nature that surrounds me." Elwin explained while chewing. Despite not needing to consume food he appeared to be enjoying his sandwich.

Fae opened a bottle of cider and poured the contents into a couple champagne glasses. She gave one to Elwin and kept the other for herself. After Fae took a sip of her drink, she sighed and gazed at Elwin in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" Elwin asked when he noticed her staring.

"Elwin, I've been meaning to ask for a while. Is Vix your father?" Fae leaned forward and layed on her stomach.

"Well..." Elwin paused. "Not in the same way Maximillian is your father. Vix created me and raised me. In that aspect one could call him my 'father', but I would never address him as such."

"Why not?" Fae questioned.

"I'm not really sure. If he asks me to, I shall call him father." Elwin put his sandwich down and laid on his back. Fae crawled up next to him and gently rested her head on his chest.

"Do you love Vix, Elwin?" She asked, serenely.

"I appreciate him for creating me." Elwin responded.

"Do you love anyone?"

"I love your father." Elwin stated.

"Anyone else?" Fae tilted her head up to look at him, and slyly smiled as she spoke. Elwin knew very well what she was asking him. Before he had the chance to respond he was interrupted by a loud, thunderous voice.

"Elwin Vigor!" Called the voice.

Elwin shot up and began looking for the source of the noise. Before long, Elwin could see a bright figure hovering above his picnic, slowly moving towards him. The figure had skin that glittered like golden stars and eyes that burned like fire. His red hair was short and coiled and his entire body exuded immense heat.

As soon as Elwin saw the man he prostrated himself and placed his head on the ground. Fae, while confused, followed suit and did the same. Soon, the man stood right in front of them, his feet hovering carefully above the ground. Without looking up, Elwin could sense his presence.

"It is an honor to see you again, Lexus Soleil, Guardian of The Summer's Sun, Ruler of Fire, and Lord of the most powerful season of all." Elwin greeted his superior.

Lexus simply glanced down at Elwin and let him remain on the ground. Even though Lexus was the second Guardian created by Vix, he was stronger than Elwin and possessed greater authority.

"Greetings, Elwin. I've heard that you are currently procrastinating when it comes your duties. Does your responsibility as The Guardian of Spring mean nothing to you?" Lexus spoke as if he was angered, but he looked as though he was amused.

"Are you here to scold me, Lexus?" Elwin asked.

"On the contrary," Said Lexus, "I am here to give you an out. Give me authority over your season so I may do your job for you. This arrangement will be a temporary one and as soon as the seasons pass you will once again govern spring's nature and beauty."