Brother

(Made with Ed Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show in mind, with more to it and obvious differences)

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It was unusually quiet in the cul-de-sac today. Almost too quiet as the kids were nowhere to be found. The Ed boys were all in a panic, packing their bags as they were on the run. Why, you may ask? Well, allow us to start this from the beginning.

Eddy's POV
-
I packed as they were coming after us, after me. They were out for blood. We knew we couldn't hide for long. I packed whatever I needed, though unnecessary things. I didn't care and grabbed my bag as they banged ruthlessly on my door. I went out the back door and got in the garage that connected to the house.

Double d's POV
-
I packed my things as I struggled to write a letter to my parents. The more I wrote, the more tears came to my eyes and poured out of me. I heard them pound on my door as I grabbed my bag and took off to Eddy's house.

Ed's POV
-
I was scared while packing everything in my room. Who knew this would be the straw to break the camel's back.. one more bad scam as they beat on my door. I ran to Eddy's house, where there was a car.

Back to Eddy's POV
-
"Wait, Eddy, none of us can drive!" D said as Ed took the driver's seat as d was in the seat behind Ed as I was in the passenger seat beside him. "Ed, ya can't drive!" I exclaimed as he reversed and slammed on the gas after putting it in drive. "Does that matter right now, Eddy? We gotta go!"

We lost them after about twenty minutes as we wrecked into a rock in a huge clearing, which looked like a desert. "Ed!" I yelled as d was panicking. "Gentlemen, we can no longer return to civilization! We're fugitives! We're wanted men!" He said as Ed saw the damage to the car. "Fuck, mom and dad are gonna be so pissed!" I said as Ed mumbled, "Sorry, Eddy."

"Sorry doesn't fix the car, stupid!" I said as Ed felt bad for wrecking the car on the only object for miles. "So, that way, then?" Ed asked as I shrugged. "Dunno. Whatcha think, D?" He looked as we were in a field of dead flowers. "Yikes, this place looks deserted by all humans, and the flora had taken over the buildings, almost as if the flora was saying, "This building here we're reclaiming what is rightfully ours," Ed said as d and I looked at him.

"What?" Ed said as he put his hands in his pockets. "How about ya stop figuring what plants are saying and help look for a way out! Speaking of being all the way out in the middle of fucking nowhere, we should go see my brother! He'll know what to do!" I said as Ed looked excited, but d was skeptical. "Really, Eddy? Your brother can, what? Fix the car?" He asked as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Well, no fucking duh!" I stated as I looked at the duo in front of me. "He knows more about this junk pos than I do!" We began walking as I began walking in a direction to my brother's place. The two had begun following me as I tried to gain distance from them. They still followed me, no matter what.

Soon, we heard thunder. We were about to be caught dead in the rain as we walked, but I didn't care. The rain wouldn't stop me like I was sure it would them. Looking back at the duo, double d was getting a cold as Ed tried warming him with his jacket. I felt bad as I stopped and waited for them to catch up. Where we were heading was somewhere cold and unforgiving to them, even to me.

"You two go back. I'll go alone," I said as they looked at me. "Eddy, you'll get sick, like me," double d stated as Ed nodded. "It's not much further, right? We stay together, Eddy!" I didn't care about the rain or getting sick. The rain wasn't gonna let up, that I knew. We were stuck out here with no way back. I wasn't afraid to keep going, but I knew they would be.

My big brother being able to fix the car was a lie. I wanted answers. Why the hell did he leave? I remember him abusing me on an almost daily basis, but I think I can take him this time. I wasn't afraid to go at this alone. I needed to prove I was better than this, better than my stupid older brother.