Part 3

E

N

J

O

Y

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was rainy. Jimin didn't attend any of his classes, feeling too exhausted to even eat or walk. Just looking at the window, admiring each drop.

The sky was crying, just like his heart.

Yesterday had been too much for him. He woke up to find himself unconscious in a dirty restroom, with no one to help him. He felt as alone as he used to be.

By the time he woke up, it was already dark, so he went straight back to his apartment, hoping to sleep his pain away.

His friends kept texting him, expressing their deep concern, but the small man didn't care. At that moment, all he yearned for was the presence of one particular person, someone whose presence could chase away his pain.

However, that man didn't even bother to send a simple message to check on him. Maybe he hadn't even noticed Jimin's absence from school.

He wanted his best friend's back. His caring friend, who always put him first, that same man who stole his heart a long time ago. Not the stranger he had become.

He yearned to break free from this love, yet at the same time, he wanted to cherish it until his last breath.

Jimin lay in bed with a burning head and a paralyzed body, desperately wanting to sleep but unable to. His head was killing him.

Ding dong. Ding dong. Ding dong.

Jimin heard the doorbell but couldn't move his muscles.

Tae and Jhope grew increasingly concerned when Jimin didn't respond to their messages. Now, he wasn't even answering the door; something was seriously wrong.

Tae already knew the password but had never used it, out of respect for Jimin's privacy.

As they entered, the place was dark and eerily quiet, with not even a single sound to be heard.

They moved closer to the bedroom to check if Jimin was sleeping there. As they entered, they saw a figure lying in the bed.

Tae approached to wake him up, tapping Jimin's shoulder, but there was no response. He rolled him over to see his face and was shocked by how red it was. "Hobi, Jimin has a high fever. We need to get him to the hospital; he's not waking up either," Tae said urgently. Together, they worked into lifting Jimin onto Jhope's back and hurried to take their friend to the hospital.

Throughout the journey, Jimin never opened his eyes, which left an unsettling feeling in the other two boys.

An hour had passed since Jimin was admitted to the emergency room. Tae sent a quick message to Jungkook, informing him about the situation. However, Jungkook hadn't even bothered to read it.

"The patient's family, please." Upon hearing the nurse's call, they rushed to her side.

Tae anxiously inquired while holding his lover's hand to get some comfort, "How is he? Is he okay?"

The nurse reassured them while making a disgusting face at the two men, "Yes, he is stable now. We were able to lower his temperature, and he can be discharged after he wakes up."

Relieved, Tae expressed, "Thank god, thank you."

She added, remembering something, "Ahh, I almost forgot, we ran a few tests to ensure his health. We will call him when the results are ready." With that, the nurse disappeared, leaving the two men to find their way to their friend's room.

The room was white, and for a moment, Jimin thought he might be dead. But heaven wouldn't be as empty as this place.

As he slowly opened his eyes, it took a while to adjust and realize that he was in a hospital room.

Who brought me here?

Was it Jungkook?

A warm feeling crept into his heart, just from thinking of him.

A knock at the door interrupted his train of thought, followed by approaching footsteps.

"You woke up? How do you feel?" That was Tae's voice. What was he doing here?

"I feel like I was hit by a truck. Anyway, what happened? Why am I here?" Jimin asked, trying to sit up to talk to his friend.

Tae rushed to his side, attempting to help. "You should rest. We came to check on you but found you unconscious and burning up," Taehyung explained.

So, it wasn't Jungkook. A momentary flicker of disappointment passed through his eyes but was quickly replaced by a sincere smile. "Thanks, guys. Without you, I don't know what to do."

Tae added, "You know how worried I was. You should at least answer your phone. What if I didn't know your apartment password? I don't even want to think about it."

Jhope, realizing his boyfriend was distracted, went to his side tapping his shoulder.

Jimin felt guilty for worrying his friends just to stay alone. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again. By the way, what did the doctor say? Why am I sick?"

"The nurse mentioned that they ran some tests on you, and they'll call you with the results are out. Oh, she also said you can be discharged when you wake up."

Jimin feels happy and relieved; the hospital's smell makes him want to throw up.

The couple took him back home and settled him on the bed.

"Jimin, should I sleep over tonight?" Tae suggested.

"Nah, you don't have to. I feel much better now, see I don't have a fever anymore." He tried to convince them, already feeling like a burden to the two men.

With that said, the two men left the apartment, leaving the once-sick man alone.

Jimin stayed at home for another two days, mostly lying in his bed and only getting up to put something in his stomach.

Tae visited him two times a day, bringing him food and medicine.

Jimin was thankful for that, but his heart always yearned for a single message, just a brief 'how are you' from Jungkook.

He got nothing.

At that moment, he came to a painful realization.

He was never Jungkook's best friend. He was nothing more than a stranger who used to be close to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How is it so far.