1. Intro: Take the run

Time: 23:05, Monday, October 17

The spirit jumped down from the apartment building, scaling across balconies in its pursuit. The rain poured relentlessly, making the surfaces slippery.
Sunghoon was close behind, jumping down from the ledge, right on the spirit's tail.
The spirit had short black hair, covered by a black hat. He looked like a man, apart from the fact that he bore glowing red eyes, a prime key in which to identify a monster among humans.

The spirit kept on running, shadowed over by the dim night luminance. He was focused; he would do whatever it took to get away, even if it meant killing Sunghoon.

"Stop running, it'll make things easier for the both of us, you know?" Sunghoon shouts, still just behind.

He was almost within reach of the spirit, just about an arms length.

The monster knew he wouldn't be able to outrun Sunghoon.
So, he decided on a last resort.

He would either have to fight his way out of this, or die trying.

The spirit made a sudden stop, which took Sunghoon off guard, he still running at high speeds.

As Sunghoon tried slowing himself down, the spirit used his forward momentum to trip him over.
His crimson blade clattered away as he landed on the ground, rolling and sprawling.

Sunghoon tried regathering himself, dazed and un-centered. His head was spinning and his eyes were blinded by the rainwater beating down on him. He groaned, trying to get to his feet.

Without delay, the spirit rushed forward and struck Sunghoon in the face, sending him backwards. The force caused the metal on the side of a rooftop generator to cave in as he slammed into it.

The force took the air out of his lungs, and he coughed as he rolled over and scampered to his feet, still severely disoriented.
He quickly wiped the rain from his eyes, and he ran forward and took the spirit to the ground.

"Freaking hunters!" Shouted the monster in rage, quickly standing up and swinging his arm forward, going in for a heavy punch.

Sunghoon ducked out the way, just in time, and ran for his blade.
He reached it, clasping his hand around the slippery crimson handle.

But, as he turned around, he found that the spirit had quickly caught up with him. The monster was only a few feet away, his eyes burning a fiery satan red color, and his hands were ready.

Sunghoon wasn't quick enough; the monster closed up on him, ripping his blade away with one hand and clasping his neck with the other.

The spirit's grip was unexpected, and within a second, Sunghoon was already gasping for air.

He was lifted off his feet, suspended by only his neck. He attempted to loosen the monster's grip, but it remained unchanged. He couldn't breathe. Without his blade, he was done for.

"So... weak, for a hunter..." The spirit said, its voice coming out as no longer a human's voice, but a hissing voice.

Sunghoon felt that his eyes were about to pop out from the monster's grasp. He could feel his face aching because of the lack of blood circulation.

"I'll make certain to add you to my list of victims. I'll consume your heart, and I'll become stronger..." The monster hissed, half laughing to himself.

Sunghoon felt his arms and fingertips becoming weaker, and his sight becoming ever darker. There was nothing more he could do.

He tried one last time to break his neck free, but to no avail.
His arms fell to his sides, and his eyes started to close.
He was going to die.
He was sure of it.