6. Without You

Kazuha slid her back down the wall, and sat down, totally hopeless.
"Garam... why did you have to leave us..." she whispered under her breath.
Tears of frustration fell down her face, and the whole room was encased in a period of silence.
A silence that even made Sunghoon's heart hurt with pity.
The pity was for the group.

...

Time: Tuesday, 15:58, October 18

Eunchae sat in her room. The lights were off, and she was leaning on the side of her bed. Tears were falling down her eyes, and she stifled her sobs with her hands.

It was never meant to be this way.

The others would certainly hate her after what she did. She had shown a fit of utter disrespect; she had hit the person who practically gave her a home, and raised her for a whole year.
She had hit Sakura.

In front of everyone. Even Sunghoon.
She hated herself for it.
But she didn't know what to do. Eunchae felt like she was going insane, like she couldn't even control herself sometimes.

Garam's death had really broken her.
She couldn't bare the guilt. That was a part of her past that she wanted to fully forget, erase completely from her memory. Garam was a sister to her. And Eunchae felt like she had failed.
Failed to protect her.
And that she was the reason Garam died that day.

She just couldn't bare it.
It was ripping her soul from the inside out.

...

"Here, Sakura, sit."
Yunjin pulled out a chair at the dining table for Sakura, handing her a cold compress from the fridge.

"How are you feeling?" Kazuha asked.

"I'm fine. It's just a hit. At least it wasn't a sword." She said, chuckling.

Kazuha let a deep breath out, brushing her hair out of her face.
"My goodness..." she puffed.

"Hm? What?" Chaewon asked, overhearing Kazuha.

"It's just... I don't know what to do. Eunchae... she- she's just not in the best state right now." Kazuha replied, scratching the back of her neck.

Chaewon nodded slowly.
"Yeah..."

Sakura shifted her ice pack, enough so that she could comfortably start talking.
"Where's Eunchae? Is she in her room?" she asked Kazuha.

The other girl nodded in reply.

Sunghoon shifted uncomfortably, not knowing what to say or do.
Yunjin could read his actions.

"Well,"
Yunjin clapped her hands together, changing the subject.

"Everyone must be pretty hungry, right? And maybe we could also refill up the snacks from earlier, hm? Come on, let's go and make some food, Sunghoon." She said.

Yunjin grabbed him by the arm and pulled him with her into the kitchen.
She shut the door behind them, so that they wouldn't be heard.

She let a breath out.
"Whoof. A lot of tension back there, am I right?" she said.

"I guess so." Sunghoon replied, scratching his arm.

"Sorry you had to see all of that, you know..." she mumbled.

"It's alright. It must be a hard time for all of you."

"Yeah, it is... she died nearly a year ago, but it still feels like yesterday.

There was a pause between both of them.
"But- what were we doing again? Oh yes- cooking." Yunjin resumed, picking up a pot and placing it on the hub.