13. Helping Hand

With a leg sweep, he took her down, and raised his blade up to stab her.

It glinted in the moonlight, showcasing its polished glow.
But the blade wasn't Damascus.

If he stabbed her, he would kill the spirit.
But also take Eunchae down with it.

...

Sakura's eyes bulged wide.
She could see the blade clearly and she wasn't going to let that happen.

Grabbing her sword, Sakura parried away their blades, just enough for an opening for her to run through.
She begged her legs to run, she had to save Eunchae.

Just a moment before his blade came down, Sakura threw herself forwards.
And she shielded Eunchae.

If she would die, it wouldn't be in vain.

The blade stabbed into her side, and she let out a pained grunt, coughing up blood.

The man's eyes went wide, and he caught Sakura just before she fell to the ground.

"No- no- WHY?!?" he shouted.

He carried her off to the side, trying to hold the blood in her wound.
"SUNOO- PLEASE!!! HELP HER!" He shouted.

Another one of them who was wearing a black cap, presumably Sunoo, dropped his sword, and ran up to them. He had a black utility belt around his waist, and he took out a small cloth, which was dabbed in some form of honey-coloured substance.

They had all seen something like that before.
It was the same formula that Sakura used on the members, for healing.

Eunchae crawled back onto her feet.
She was breathing heavy at the sight of it.

But there were more people, and she didn't want to hurt any of them.
No more.

She turned, and ran away.
Far away, so she couldn't hurt them when she fully turned.

"SAKURA!" Chaewon screamed.
She saw her comrade on the ground, with the blood around her.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!?! YOU MONSTERS!!!" She screeched.

She tried pushing forwards, ignoring the swords pointed at her, but two of them stopped her, holding her back.

Sunghoon was still on the ground, and he had no luck. He was pinned on his front, the other guy behind him, keeping him down.
"You're a feisty one..." he said, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

He had a sort of foreign accent in his voice, and his voice was youthful and clear. He was also taller than Sunghoon, which had given him an advantage in their brawl.

"SAKURA!" Sunghoon shouted.
He had taken a glance over in her direction, and was concerned.

She was bleeding out a lot, and her face was pale.
Sakura had sacrificed everything for all of them, she had nothing left for herself.

"N- no- it wasn't meant for you..." The man next to Sakura said.
He was very apologetic, and he felt bad. Even if it technically was not his fault; Sakura had thrown herself into the danger.

The man in the cap, Sunoo, wringed out some of the substance from the towel onto Sakura's wound. There was so much blood, they couldn't even tell where the substance splashed, other than it fell into her blood.

"Jungwon, it's not your fault... don't worry..." Sunoo told the other guy, patting his shoulder.

Jungwon was literally on the verge of tears, he felt so bad.
He used his sleeve to wipe off the pool of sweat from Sakura's face as a small sign of apology.