37. Target

He had remembered it.
Sunoo had given one of the medical packs to Sakura, when they were all going on their first paired mission outside of their headquarters.

Sakura always had it with her.
But, there was one problem.

Yunjin didn't know it.
She didn't know that there was no Sakura. Or Chaewon.
They'd never came back to base.

Because of Heesung. He had kicked them out.
And now, they were stuck, in dire, dire trouble.

...

She didn't know it. Yunjin didn't know any of it.

Jungwon just knew it by looking at the two girls.
Not her. Not Kazuha. Not even Sunghoon. Neither of the three.

He'd found out that neither Chaewon nor Sakura had come back. And, when he had asked Heesung about it, that was when the fiery clash had started.

At first, back in the dorms, he had expected a modest answer from Heesung, perhaps he had been mistaken and they really were back, but that was not the case.

Heesung had simply replied with the words, "They're gone. I sent them back. Away from us."

And it had not sat well with Jungwon at all.
That's what got them to their point now; in a huge, sporadic mess of confusion and anger.

Jungwon just stared at Yunjin blankly. He didn't know what to say, or what to do.
For one, he had Sunoo in his arms, bleeding out, and a truth that he'd wished was a lie.

"Sakura has one of them, those kits, right?" Yunjin repeated, becoming more and more aware of Jungwon's silence.

"I... uh... well..."
Jungwon tried to push out words, but his brain felt like it had been washed out. All that came through his lips was confused blabber.

So, Heesung, who had just gotten up from the ground, took it all into his own hands.
He spoke to Yunjin, in a somehow calm voice.

"They never came back. Sakura nor Chaewon."

His words rung in the room like a heavy weight being dropped.
Yunjin would've thought the weight fell on her heart.
"What? What do you mean-"

"They're gone. I sent them back to wherever you guys had started from. I sent them away. And I was about to send the rest of you as well... but then I saw Kazuha and Sunghoon's conditions and... and..."

Heesung shut his eyes tight.
He knew it as well as he needed.
He knew just how badly he had messed up. But the anger still stayed with him.
It burned like a red hot coal.

Yunjin stood, eyes wide, staring at Heesung as if he'd just committed murder in front of her.
In fact, that's exactly what she had thought.

Heesung expected her to start shouting at him, and soon enough, there was shouting just after.
But it wasn't Yunjin.

It was Kazuha.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!? I- WHAT?!? BRING- BRING THEM BACK, YOU BASTARD!! BRING THEM BACK!! I'LL FREAKING KILL YOU!!!"

She stumbled off the couch, and hurled herself at Heesung with all the strength she could muster in her poor condition.

"Kazuha-" Yunjin shouted.
She tried to pull the girl back as she started throwing her one good hand at Heesung, who didn't choose to back away. It was almost like he was accepting it, the fact that he had wronged and was choosing to pay for it.

But, he was smiling at her.

Even though his posture showed remorse, his face showed manic.
Whatever anger he was driven by, it was strong. It was like it had made him stop caring about everything and everyone.
It was almost... different.