Chapter 2 - We Meet At Last

[Word count - 1,004]

The next day...

Location - Okusawa Residence, Misaki's Room

Misaki's POV

I am currently in my bedroom making a felt doll of a cat for my little sister. She begged me to make one for her for a while now, but I was unable to since I couldn't find the time. And since I didn't make any plans to meet up with Kokoro and the others, this is the perfect chance to work on it.

However, while working on the felt doll, something has been occupying my mind... it was the boy I met the other day, and I felt like an idiot when he spotted me talking to myself. I never felt so embarrassed.

But I finally remembered where I saw that boy from. I've seen him a few times at our Hello, Happy World! shows. I think he's a fan of ours. Now I am curious on what he is doing right now... Is he listening to more of our songs, or is he having fun with that little sister of his? Wait a minute, why am I thinking about him so much? I can't be interested in him, am I? 

While thinking about this boy, I ended up poking myself with the needle on accident. 

"Ouch... I should be more careful." I said to myself. 

A little bit of blood was coming out of my finger, so I took a bandage, and put it on me. After that, I began to work on the felt doll once again. But that boy was still on my mind... why can't I stop thinking about him? 
_____________________________________________

A few hours later...

Location - Shopping Mall

After finishing that felt doll for my little sister, I soon discovered that I was running low on yarn, so I decided to go to the mall and buy some more.

After paying for the yarn and leaving the store, something caught my attention. It was that boy I saw recently. He seems to be hanging out alone, and he is looking at the store that was selling the plushies.

My curiosity was starting to get the better of me, so I found myself making my way towards him. Time to see if I am right about him.

As I stepped inside, I tapped his shoulder to get his attention. He looked at me, and I start to get nervous. Hopefully he does recognize me.

"Hi there, how can I help you?" He asked.

Oh dear, I didn't exactly think this through. What exactly should I say to him? He asked me a question, and I am just standing here like an idiot. However, that soon changed when he spoke up again.

"Hey, I remember you." He said. "You were the girl I saw in the neighborhood the other day."

"Yeah, that's me..." I said, chuckling nervously.

"So, what brings you here?" He asked.

"Well, at first, I came here to buy some yarn to make some felt dolls." I explained. "I was about to leave when I saw you."

"And you wanted to say hi to me, is that right?" He asked. He was smart, I'll give him that.

"Hehe, yeah. It's a bit lame, isn't it?" I asked.

"I don't think it is." He replied. "I don't have that many friends, so I think it's kind that you wanted to say hi to me."

Wow, this guy is so understanding, and he is sweetheart. It reminds me of Kanon a little bit, only he is a guy, not a girl. I did thought about telling him that I met him before as Michelle, but... it might be a bit too soon for that.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I ever got your name." He said.

"Yeah, my mistake." I said. "My name is Okusawa Misaki. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, Misaki. My name is (Y/N) (L/N)."

The two of us shook hands, and I felt an odd feeling inside of me. There were butterflies in my stomach, and my heart started pounding a little bit. What is this unusual feeling?

"So, (Y/N), what brings you here to the plush store?" I asked.

"I thought about getting something for Luka." I said.

"Luka? Is she your sister or something?" I asked, pretending not to know.

"Yeah, little sister. She really likes bears like Michelle, so my goal is to find something that was close to her." He said.

(Y/N) was so kind to get something for his little sister. It's almost making my heart melt. He pulled out a bear plush and showed it to me.

"How about this one?" He asked. "This is pretty close to Michelle, isn't it?"

"I mean, yeah, it kind of does look like her." I said.

"Alright, then I'll go buy her this."

He walked over to the register with the bear in his hands, and as he went to go pay for it, I just stood there, totally speechless as my heart skip a few beats. (Y/N) really is a kind-hearted soul.

Wait, why am I thinking like this? I just met the guy, so there's no way that I could fall in love with him already, right? Ugh, just get it together, Misaki.

(Y/N) walked over to me while holding the bear plush.

"I should get going now." He said. "It was nice meeting you, Misaki."

"Yeah, okay. You take care as well."

As (Y/N) starts walking away, I was finally able to remember him. He really was the Hello, Happy World! fan that has come to shows in the past. I guess I could've mentioned it, but... it might've been for the best.

I hope I get to see you again, (Y/N) (L/N).

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one.

Next book to update: What Destiny Awaits

Shout-out to 1903Gaming for becoming a recent follower.