Chapter 3 - A Big Fan

[Word count - 844]

A month later...

Location - The Shopping District

Your POV

I am finally done with school for the day, and I decided to cut through the shopping district in order to get home. However, it was very cold, and I tried to get home as soon as possible. While walking, I was listening to music from my favorite band in the whole world; Hello, Happy World!

I've been listening to their music ever since they first performed on stage, and to be honest, I can't get enough of it. They're reason that I think that life isn't always so bad, as long as you smile at the end of the day. I would love to see them on stage again, but it was a hard thing to accomplish, especially since Kanon and Kaoru are both college students now.

After walking some more, I spotted someone in the distance. It was that Misaki girl I met at the shopping mall a while ago. From what I am looking at, she appears to be taking a break from something.

Feeling curious, I decided to make my way towards her.

"Hi there... Misaki, right?"

She looked at me, and despite how tired she looked, Misaki still gave me a smile.

"Ah, hey there. Nice to see you again."

"Likewise. Are you okay? You seem exhausted." I said while being concerned for her wellbeing.

"Who me? Yeah, I'm doing okay." She replied. "I'm just taking a break, that's all."

"Ah, I see. Is it okay if I join you?"

"Join me? Ummm, I don't see why not."

Misaki made room for me to sit next to her, and so, I did.

"So, may I ask what you were taking a break from?"

"Oh, yeah, it was my part-time job."

"Oh, I didn't know that." I said. "Sorry for being nosy, but do you mind if I ask what job do you have?"

"Well, just look behind you."

As instructed, I looked behind the bench we were sitting on, and to my surprise, it was Michelle. After looking at it for a few seconds, I was able to put two and two together.

"You're Michelle... as in the same Michelle from Hello, Happy World!?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's me." She said with a shy smile.

"That's so cool! I'm actually a big fan of you guys!" I said.

Misaki was now speechless by my words.

"You like our band, despite what Kokoro does on stage?" She asked.

"Well, I try to look pass that, because at the end of the day, she's just being herself and wants people to smile." I answered.

Misaki looked stunned by my answer, though to be fair, anyone would. 

"Wow, you're a better person than me." She said. "No matter how many times she acts like this, I don't think I can ever get used to Kokoro and her energy."

Then Misaki slipped something else in, something I was not expecting to hear.

"Did you know that she thinks me, and Michelle aren't one in the same?" 

"You're kidding, right?" 

"I'm not kidding. She, Kaoru-san and Hagumi think that Michelle is an actual bear and not a costume." She sighed. 

"Oh, that is sad..." I told her.

"Luckily, Kanon-san is the only one who understands that Michelle isn't an actual bear, but seeing that everyone is a year older now, you think they would've move on from that..." 

Misaki looks honestly upset about this. To give her some assurance, I placed a hand on her shoulder, then gave her a comforting smile. 

"Don't worry, Misaki. One day they'll see the truth, and if it makes you feel any better, I can help them see that for themselves."

Upon hearing that, Misaki let out a weak smile.

"It feels weird to hear this from a fan. But thanks, it makes me feel better that not all of our fans are living in their own little world." 

"Yeah, no problem at all."

I checked the time and started to freak out. 

"Uh oh! I better get home before Luka starts to worry."

"Sounds like you need to hurry, huh?"

"Yeah, I should." 

I stood up and looked at Misaki one last time. 

"It was really nice to see you again, Misaki. You can expect to see me at your guys' next show."

Misaki nodded with a smile.

"Right. Until then..." 

With that, I parted ways with Misaki, and I started heading home. There was a lot more I wanted to say to her, but I couldn't because time wasn't on my side. Oh well, maybe next time I see her, I'll say something more. 

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Next book to update: Secrets to Romance

Shout-out to Killerhunter29 for adding The Moment We Met, Always There For You, My Favorite Idol and The Feeling of Love, and Flashguy9000 for adding The Music of Destiny to their reading list.