Chapter 2- Not Just A Girl

~Bens P.O.V ~

As I left Blythe behind, I headed to the car and met up with Carson, my best friend. He was coming back to my house for the big party.

When we got back, Lonnie's bus was just pulling up to drop her off. I'm so glad Carson picked me up.

We got inside and my mum walked down the stairs with a little suit case for Lonnie.

"Okay," she started "You know the rules. No drinking, no parties, keep your room clean and be home by midnight"

She was going on a weekend trip with Lonnie to a spa and it was just me and Carson.

"Alright mum" I kissed her on the cheek and she sighed as she grabbed the keys and smiled while she closed the door.

Carson and I ran up to my room, fighting and acting like idiots.

I opened the door to my balcony and looked to the house next door. I saw a cute girl dancing around in shorts. Man I missed a lot.

I turned around and walked back inside and started getting ready for the party starting with a shower.

It was about 8 o'clock when we had ordered in pizza and gotten dressed but we couldn't arrive just yet.

I went back out on the balcony and sat on one of the little chairs I had out there for Lonnie and I. I looked back through the window, trying to see who lived there when the girl slid by on her socks followed by another girl. When she turned her face I could see that it was my old friend Adrienne.

Adrienne's and my parents were friends so we spent lots of time together but then came along middle school and we stopped for a while. But now we talk occasionally when ever I'm around.

I still had no clue who lived there. She had brown hair but never turned her face to the window. Then they were mysteriously gone.

It was almost dark out and Carson went to call his "girl friend" Ashley. She was one of the popular cheerleader girls. But of course I had to have a girlfriend too. Really neither of us liked them but it was kind of set up by them.

My girlfriends name is Lauren. The party was hers and so I was obligated to go.

We walked outside and got in Carson's car. When we drove around the block there was Adrienne was getting in a car out front of the house.

Suddenly someone ran right in front of our car! Barely hit her but we still hit her leg.

I rushed out of the car to see if she was alright. When she looked up I saw that it was Blythe. I couldn't forget her name.

Her name was so unique and amazing.

Both Carson and I jumped out of the car and hurried to the front.

Blythe was laying on the ground, gripping her left leg while yelling many colorful words.

She was dressed in blue jeans and a grey knit sweater. She looked really nice, except for the part where she was rolling on the ground in pain.

Adrienne ran up and helped her to her feet.

"Ben?! What happened?!" She yelled at me. Ever since middle school.

"Carson was driving and Blythe ran out in front of the car!" I explained

"Wait, how do you know her name?" She asked as Blythe tried to stand up.

"We met on the bus this morning and then we talked after school" Blythe then stumbled "and right now I'm going to carry her to her house."

I picked her up and carried her to the front door. Her house was right in my backyard.

"I don't need your help" Blythe stated as she jumped out of my arms and stumbled through her door.

"Oh, playing hard to get are we?" I said with a slight smirk playing across my face.

"No, I'm playing the game called 'I don't need your help'." She said turning around and pulling Adrienne through the door. Adrienne smiled faintly before closing the door.

~Blythes P.O.V~

Great. There goes my only chance to leave for the party, even if it was only for an hour. But now I'm going to have to explain to my dad and Tracy why I could possibly need an air cast. I think it would go a little like;

'Oh ya! Guys by the way! I may need a cast or brace because I was sneaking out to go to a party!!!'

That would go over splendid.

I would be grounded for months if I was caught sneaking out. Tracy was very strict about things like that.

Adrienne helped me up the stairs to my bedroom and I wrapped up my leg and opened the door to my balcony. There were two; one on my door and my dads.

I stood up and look across the yard. There he was. Ben was standing on the opposite balcony to mine. He wasn't really paying attention. He was staring at the stars before Carson, his best friend came out. A few minutes later, their car drove past and there was a call on Adrienne's phone.

"Hello?" Adrienne asked

I heard a low muffle before she answered again

"No we haven't."

More muffling

"Okay I will. Thank you" and with that she hung up. "It was Ben. He told me to get you to a hospital."

"But what will my parents say?!" I said frantically

"Ben told me that you could just tell them that you either fell down the stairs or that you did get hit by a car, but instead say that you guys were playing road hockey or something." She explained as she grabbed her car keys.

I walked into my room and winced at the pain when I stepped on my leg, it hurt so much it felt like someone had dropped a 10 ton rock on it. "Why is he helping me? Why is he so nice to me?" I asked

"Why wouldn't he be?" She said with a smirk playing across her face. And with that she left the room.

By the time I had made it to the bottom of the stairs, Adrienne already had the boys "up" (they were still half asleep) and my stuff ready at the door.

As we got in the car, I couldn't stop thinking about what she said earlier.  

_______________________

Hey! It's hannah again! Hope you enjoyed this chapter