Chapter 4- More than he seems

I stepped out of family studies but today I wasn't in a hurry. Actually I didn't walk out just by myself. I walked out with Ben.

Ben was actually really funny and nice for the douchebag, rich boy look.

He wore a nice plaid button up and dark blue jeans. His blonde hair was spiked up at the front and buzzed at the back. I have to say he was alright but still wasn't my type.

"Blythe?" He asked, snapping his fingers.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Can you repeat?"

"Ya. I asked you if you wanted to come for a swim tonight? Get to know each other better?"

Oh no. "I don't know if I can. I have to babysit and work and.." I started before I was cut off.

"Just bring the kids. They might have some fun" he said smiling.

"Well, I don't really know about that Ben..." I trailed off.

All of a sudden all his football and hockey player friends showed up and dragged him away before I gave him an answer. Then I heard him yell "See you at seven!"

Finally. The lunch room!

As I scooted along in the line in the cafeteria someone tapped on my shoulder.

As I turned I saw a tall boy with longer brown curly hair and glasses. He was probably in his junior year as well. His voice was squeaky when he started talking

"Are you Ms. Rivera?" He asked

"Yes and you are?" I asked slightly wondering how he knew my name.

"I'm Josh. I'm from the photography group and I'd have to say. You're photograph is amazing." He said pushing his glasses up.

"I don't take pictures anymore," I started while picking up an apple from the counter "besides, they aren't even that good"

"I've seen your work. It's great. We would really enjoy your work on the team"

"Well thank you for the offer Josh, but I stopped a long time ago" I stated as I grabbed my plate and head for Marina and Blake.

"Hey Blythe, getting it on with Josh I see. I never thought of that combination." Blake joked.

"Ha-ha Blake. Very funny. Besides I'm not exactly looking for someone." I replied sitting down "where's Adrienne?"

"Not sure. Haven't seen her since first period." Replied Marina.

Suddenly my phone vibrated in my purse. I checked the text and it was from Ben. He must have put it in when I left it on the bus.

Ben: so about tonight. It won't be just you so you don't have to feel uncomfortable. My little sister will be there. And you can bring the kids your babysitting. Plus I've invited Carson, Adrienne, Marina and Blake. So I hope your comfortable.

Blythe: that's fine! The little demons I'm babysitting are something like my step brothers. I only have to watch them until 8 though.

Ben: The more the marry right? You can come over earlier if you want. Maybe help get some stuff together?

Blythe: Sure why not :)

I put my phone back in my bag and headed for my next class.

_____

_____

_____

"CONNER AD CHARLIE HURRY UP!! I TOLD BEN WE WOULD BE THERE BY 4:00 AND ITS 4:17!!" I yelled up the stairs as I slipped on my sandals and picked up our beach bag.