Chapter 8: Come With Me

I just seemed to shiver, as it was that the days seemed to be getting colder. As I did in fact do my best to try to stay calm, at that. As I knew that we had been on this for nearly a moon at this point.
I did my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I could. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to stop, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I then did in fact begin to hear a voice speak from behind me, at that.
"Have you found some thing yet Shadow? Is this our new home?" I did in fact hear the voice of Gerbil just seem to say, at that. As it was clear to me that she was exhausted and she didn't want to go further.
I just seemed to feel the opposite of just what she was. As I felt like I could keep going until we reached the end of the world. Which I felt like surely was not too far away at this point.
As it was that I just seemed to have thought on that. That was when I then looked back at the she cat, as I had my eyes wide as I did as such. And I then did in fact begin to go and speak back to her, as well.
"No... I don't know how much further we have to go... I am just staring... I don't know..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I did in fact have my eyes wide just as soon as it was that I had said as such.
As it was that I had said as to just what I had said. That was when it was that I did in fact just seem to see that all of the cats. As even Dot seemed to be upset as to just what I had said.
As it was that I did in fact realize that it was in fact the case. I then did in fact begin to feel a bit upset at my self. As it was that I then did in fact begin to hear the voice of Jumbo go and speak, all of the sudden.
"Really... You don't know how much further you have to go? We have been at this for over a moon... And we don't even know where we are going... Why are we still following this tom cat?" He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
It was clear that if all of the cats were upset at me, at that. That Jumbo was the one who was the one that was the most angry. As it was that I saw that he had his eyes squinted at me, all at the exact same time too.
I just seemed to simply not care if he was that way how ever. As it was that I just seemed to stare back at the tom cat. As I had a blank look on my face as I saw it was the case.
Just as soon as it was that I had just seemed to do as such. I then began to hear the voice of Pickle. As it was that she then did in fact begin to go and speak up, at that.
"All of you might have given up on all of this... But I still have faith, and I still have trust in Shadow... I know that he will lead us to where it is that we need to be..." She did in fact just seem to say, all at once.
As it was that though she seemed to say that she trusted me. It seemed to be a lot more of hope than real trust. As it was that I kind of gulped just as it was that I had thought on that.
As it was that I just seemed to stare for some time. That was when it was that I did in fact begin to start to hear the voice of Dot. As it was that she then began to go and speak, all at the exact same time too.
"If you are really going to give up than you can go ahead... But I am sticking with my friend til the end..." She did in fact just seem to say. As any and all doubt seemed to go away from the face of my friend.
Just as soon as it was that I seemed to have heard her say that. It did in fact just seem to make me feel better. But I was not all too sure if the same could be said for the rest of them.
As it was that I saw them look at each other to see who was going to speak. As it was to no such sort of surprise that it was Buckle. As it was that I then did in fact begin to listen as to just what it was that he had to say.
"Look every one... We have all become friends at this point... There is no point in giving up now, no matter how tired we are... There is no where else for us to go..." He did in fact just seem to say to all of them.
He did in fact bring up a very fair point on what he had said. As it was that I did in fact look at the others for quite a bit of some time. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to see that Worm had stepped in.
As it was that he had done as such a thing like that. I was a little bit worried as to what the smaller tom cat had to say. As it was that I then listened as to just what it was, at that.
"Well... If Buckle trust you... Than you have my trust... He is right, no matter how tired we are, we can't get in to the habit of taking breaks because we are tired... We are all tired, and this is not a good place to stay..." He did in fact just seem to say.
As it was that he did in fact bring up as to just where we were at right now. As it was that I could not help but to agree with the cat. As it was that I looked all around us, all at once.
There were not many trees out here to be seen. And the trees that I did in fact just so happen to see. They all did in fact just seem to be very strange looking, all at once.
Just as soon as it was that I had seemed to have thought on that. That was when it was that I then began to go and look at every one. And I then did in fact begin to go and speak to them, all of the sudden.
"Alright... Let's stop contemplating and let's just go..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I did in fact get my eyes back on to the sun. As I saw that it was now past the mid point of the day now.
And I could follow where it was that it was setting. As it was that I just seemed to calm my self down as I did as such a thing like that. As it was that I saw the others go and nod back to me, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I had seen them go and do as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I then turned my head away from them. And I then began to do as to just what it was that I had said I would do.
As it was that I had began to walk just a few steps. That was when it was that I then did in fact hear the voice of Dot, at that. As it was that I then did in fact begin to listen as to just what it was that she had to say to me.
"I feel like that went well... But how much longer are you going to be able to convince them to stay with us?" She did in fact just seem to say to me. As she had her eyes wide just as soon as it was that she had said that.
It seemed like she had turned her ways around on having them go with us. As it was that she had seemed to have made friends with them. As it was clear to me that she didn't want them to leave us, at that.
As it was that I had heard as to just what she had said to me. That was when it was that I looked back at her with my eyes wide. As it was that I then did in fact begin to speak to her, all at the exact same time too.
"I feel like our home should be coming up soon... I don't know why, I just get some sort of feeling..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I did in fact just seem to shiver just as soon as it was that I had said that.
I felt like what it was that I had in fact said to her was true. But at the same time as well, I just was not too sure about whether it was good or bad. As it was that I did in fact just seem to gulp as I thought on it.
What ever it was, I felt like it was better than the life I had before. As it felt like I had not been allowed to do any thing with my life, at that. As I knew that this was in fact way better than any of that was.
As it was that I had just seemed to have thought on that. That was when it was that I did in fact just seem to turn my head away from her. And I then did in fact also begin to speak out loud, all at the exact same time too.
"Either way... I have had a decent time on the journey, even as tiring as it might be... And I am as far away from my kin as I could be... So it's a win win for me..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once.
As it was that I did in fact feel like I did in fact need to remind my self. As to just how much it was that I despised the life I had before. As I knew that Dot did in fact know the way that I was in fact feeling.
She just seemed to stay silent just as it was that I had said that. As it was clear that there was not much that it was that she had to say. As it was that I was quite glad that it was in fact the case, all at once, at that.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact got my mind off of that. That was when it was that I heard the loud voice of a she cat speak from behind me. As it was that I turned my head to Gerbil just as it was the case.
"I smell water... A lot of it all around us it seems... Some thing isn't right..." She did in fact just seem to say. As it was that she had a worried look on her face just as she had said that.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been the case. That was when it was that I lifted my head up in the air. As it was that I did in fact just seem to do my best to scent as to just what it was that she seemed to smell.
How ever, it just didn't seem to work all that well for me. As it was that I then did in fact lift my head down. Just as soon as it was that I then did in fact hear the voice of Jumbo go and speak, at that.
"For one thing... How could you even smell what water is like? And that does not make any sense..." He did in fact just seem to say. As though I did in fact not agree with the tom cat all too much, at that.
This seemed to be like he had a fair point on what he had said. As I felt like it was not just the fact that I was still bad at tracking scents. As it was that I did in fact just seem to stare at the she cat with my eyes wide.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I then did in fact begin to hear the voice of Dot. As it was that I then did in fact begin to listen as to just what she had to say.
"Maybe it is a rain storm... It has been a few days since it's last rained..." She did in fact just seem to say. As I saw that she had her eyes wide just as soon as she had said that.
Just as soon as it was that she seemed to have said that. I felt like she did in fact have a fair point. Though I was still quite a bit lost as to just how she could scent water.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact just thought on that. That was when it was that I heard the voice of Buckle, at that. As it was that I then listened as to just what ever it was that he had to say, at that.
"No... It's no rain storm... The sky is clear right now..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I did in fact just seem to hear him say that.
That was when it was that I looked up at the sky, all of the sudden. As it was that it looked like a normal day. As I felt like I could not really tell the difference, at all.
As it was that I just seemed to continue to do as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I then began to hear Gerbil. As it was that I once again did listen as to just what it was that the she cat had to say.
"No... The scent is large... Like it is all around us almost..." She did in fact just seem to say. As it was that she had her eyes wide still. Just as soon as it was that she had said as to just what she had said.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been the case. I then once again did go and blink my eyes. As I then began to look all around me, as if I expected to see what she smelt.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that. I then did in fact begin to go and hear Pickle speak. As it was that I looked at her now, and I did listen as to what it was that she had to say, her self.
"Maybe it is just a river that is bending around us..." She did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that she did in fact just seem to have her eyes wide her self, at that.
I was not sure if my group of friends were scared or not. As it was that I did in fact do my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I could. As it was that I then did in fact begin to go and nod back to her.
I just seemed to hope for any thing that we could agree on at this point. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to stare for some more time. Until it was that Gerbil then began to speak just as she had done before.
"No... What ever it is... It is not the normal smell of water... Almost like it has a sour taste on the tongue... It is all over the place, it is much bigger than a river..." She did in fact just seem to say, all of the sudden.
As it was that she had said as to just what she had said. That was when it was that I began to shiver. As it was that I wondered if I had taken us to the wrong way.
Maybe this was the edge of the world that she was smelling. As it was that I did in fact continue to stare at her for a bit. Until it was that Worm went on and spoke back to her, all at the exact same time too.
"Well... Is it a bad thing or not? Perhaps we should keep heading towards it..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I felt like that was an awful idea as to what he was saying.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact heard that. That was when it was that I then began to step in. As it was that I felt like I had some thing to say, all at the exact same time too.
"No... I don't think we should... We don't know what it is... And until we do, we should stay back..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I did in fact continue to squint my eyes at all of my friends.
Just as it was that I had done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I then woke my self up. And I then did in fact begin to simply go right on ahead and hear Gerbil go and speak, at that.
"I don't think what it is that I am smelling is some thing bad or scary... I just think... I just think that it is a lot of water..." She did in fact just seem to say, all of the sudden. As it was that she did in fact have her eyes wide just as soon as she had said that.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been that sort of way. That was when it was that I just seemed to tilt my head a bit. As it was that I then did in fact begin to simply go and stare at what was in front of me.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I heard the voice of Jumbo. As I then began to once again listen as to just what he had to say.
"Well... If any one should be going to figure out what it is... Than should it not be Shadow? After all, he is the one that led us to the point..." I did in fact just seem to hear him say.
As it was that he squinted his eyes directly at me just as soon as it was that he had said that. That was when it was that I felt a lot of pressure on me. Even though I knew that the cat had a fair point on what he had said.
I still felt like I couldn't help but to get a little bit upset. As it was that I closed my eyes just as soon as I had felt that kind of way. As I knew that was kind of what it was that Dot had taught me to calm me down.
As it was that I just seemed to feel a little bit at peace. That was when it was that I then heard the voice of Buckle. As I opened my eyes, and saw his eyes were squinted at me as I listened as to just what he had to say.
"Well... Shadow..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was clear that he was kind of pushing me to the fact. That he did in fact want to hear as to just what I had to say.
It was also kind of clear that I didn't have much of a choice. As to the fact as to just what it was that I should say back to him. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to simply blink my eyes a few times.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. I then did in fact just seem to go and nod back to the tom cat. As well as the fact that I did in fact speak back to him, all at the exact same time too.
"Okay... As long as you guys stay back here... I will go up as far as I can... Hopefully I will be back by the morning at worst..." I did in fact just seem to say, all of the sudden.
As it was that I had my eyes wide just as soon as I had said that. As it was that I knew that Jumbo was right with what he had said still. As I knew that it was in fact my job to do as to just what I had to do.
As it was that I had said as to just what it was that I had said. That was when it was that it seemed like every one had calmed down. As it was clear that they were glad that it was not their lives that were on the line.
I didn't really think on that all too much for the time being. As I did in fact just seem to stare for a bit more time. Before it was that I heard the voice of Pickle speak to me.
"Well... We wish you the best of luck on this Shadow... We hope to see you back very soon..." She had said to me. As it was that she also had her eyes wide just as she had said that.
It was clear that the she cat was in fact a bit scared for me. But it still did in fact not seem to bother me. As it was that I knew that I was not going to let it scare my self.
Just as soon as it was that I had heard as to just what she had said. That was when it was that I smiled back at the she cat. And I also then began to go and speak back to her, at that.
"Thank you Pickle... I am sure that I will be just okay... You will see me back very soon... You all look for a safe place to stay the night near by and I will meet with you as soon as I can..." I did in fact just seem to say.
Just as soon as it was that I had said as to just what I had said. That was when it was that every one seemed to be much more calm. As it was that I just seemed to smile as soon as I saw it was the case.
I then did in fact also begin to go and turn my head around. As just before it was that I was to head off on my new journey. That was when it was that I did in fact hear the voice of Dot go and speak to me.
"Wait up Shadow... You aren't leaving with out me..." She did in fact just seem to say to me, all at once. As I saw that she also had her eyes wide just as soon as I had said that to her.
Just as soon as it was that I had heard as to just what she had said. That was when it was that my eyes also just seemed to grow wide. As it was that I did in fact shake my head right back at her.
It was clear that she was not all too happy with that response from me. As it was that I then did in fact begin to go and speak back to her. Shortly after it was that I had done as such a thing like that.
"No Dot... This is some thing that I must go on my own... I am not putting your life at risk because you want to be with me right now... You can trust our new group of friends if that is it..." I did in fact just seem to say.
As it was that I did in fact add what I had said at the end. Just in the case that it was, that she still felt like she did not trust them. As it was that I did in fact do my best to try to keep my self as calm as I could.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been the case. That was when it was that I then woke my self up. And I then did in fact begin to go and hear her once again speak back to me.
"What are you talking about Shadow? You act like some thing is waiting to kill us out there... I just want to go with you because we are supposed to be in this together... Remember?" She said to me, all of the sudden.
As it was that I already saw that she had a hurt look on her face. It was clear to me that she was quite a bit hurt as to the fact that it was. That she wanted to be with me, all at the exact same time as well.
As it was that she had seemed to have put it that kind of way. As well as the fact that I felt like I did in fact not want to break her heart. That was when it was that I then did in fact begin to simply go and speak back to her, all at the exact same time too.
"Okay... Fine... You can come with me I guess..."