Chapter 3

After I took Roman and his friend's order, I went to serve them their order but as soon as I got near the table they both stopped talking and kept staring at me making me nervous as hell

Roman's friend has dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes, and looks like a model with his shirt rolled up to his elbows. He keeps staring at me then at Roman then me again. Roman on the other hand just keeps his eyes trained on me, the veins on his hands visible because of his rolled up sleeves and that should not make my stomach fuzzy but it does. 

"Hello darling, you gonna keep that wine on the table?" the man says with a smile.

"Oh, I uh- yeah- yeah sorry" I stutter like a fool and my cheeks heat up in embarrassment and serve them their wine.

"so have you decided what you would like to eat?"

Roman finally stops staring at me and answers "yeah, I would like a steak"

"I would like the same, thank you darling" his friend tells, I look at him and blush slightly at him calling me darling. 

Roman's jaw clenches and he glares at his friend "I am Sebastian Anderson by the way, but you can call me Seb" he says with a friendly smile, I smile back at him "Nice to meet you sir, I am Asena Parker" I turn to look at Roman and tell "Your order will be here shortly, please enjoy." 

And with that I turn and leave Roman and Sebastian staring at each other, Roman looks like he would to bury the man alive if he could and Sebastian just smirking at him.

 They must be good friends. I wish I had someone with whom I could talk and bicker like this.

Sometimes I get jealous that everyone has friends to go out with while I am here working my ass off and running from one job to another and still have to think twice before ordering takeout once a month so it doesn't put a dent in my account. I stare at my bracelet and a smile forms on my face, maybe one day I will have someone to talk too, maybe someone will feel me worthy of being their friend. 

 ~~~

After serving all the orders, I return to Roman's table with the bill and hand it to him. I check my wrist watch to see it's almost the end of my shift. I really don't have the patience to walk home, I am just too tired and my feet hurts. "I didn't know you worked here as well" Roman's voice makes me look at him, I give him a small smile "uh, yeah. It's not really cheap to live in this world" I laugh slightly but Roman doesn't, he just stares at me and nods.

I leave the table and go to the staff's door to grab my things and leave, the faster I get back home the faster I can sleep or maybe try to get some sleep if the universe doesn't hate me all that much. 

I exit the restaurant and I am hit by the cold wind which makes me shiver, holding my bag close to my chest and gripping my coat for extra heat I start walking.