Chapter 8

"well I need to go away for a week" 

As soon as I say this, a frown etches on her beautiful face, and I immediately want to cancel the trip.

I don't want her to be sad.

"so is that why you look so tired?" she asks, but I should be the one asking her that, she has dark circles under her eyes, and they are slightly red, like she hasn't been sleeping properly.

Yet she looks so beautiful.

"You look more tired than me, mia vita. It's like you haven't slept in weeks" I point out, and a look of surprise passes through her face, but is quickly gone, with her usual look. I can never tell what she is actually feeling if I look in her eyes, yes she smiles all the time, but even then I never see the happiness in her eyes, except for some rare times in this past month.

she is like a mystery, and you won't even be able to identify it if you don't look closely.

She looks happy all the time, but It's like she actually isn't.

And today she looks distressed

"Are you okay? you look really stressed and tired." I ask her because I can't see her like this.

"yeah, I am fine. You don't need to worry about it" she tells dismissively, like asking to drop the topic, so I don't ask her more questions.

"By the way you look beautiful sweetheart" I say in an attempt to change the topic, and considering the pink tint of her cheeks, I would say it worked pretty well.

"Th-thank you, you look pretty too" she mumbles shyly, glancing at me and I feel my cheeks and neck getting hot.

I am blushing.

Never thought that would happen, but at least she called me pretty.

I wanna dance because of ecstasy.

She thinks I am pretty, someone kill me.

How is she real?

I clear my throat in an attempt to get rid of the blush, She is definitely enjoying my flustered state because she has a big teasing grin on her face.

"So, Mr. Roman Krutz gets flustered when someone calls him pretty?" she teases.

Did she see her face when I complimented her?

"Look who's speaking, the girl who gets flustered because of the smallest of compliments" I sassed back.

She whines and looks away, with an angry scowl on her face but I know she isn't angry at me so that's fine.

"Anyways, so I have to go to Paris for a week to discuss the deal and check some developments in my projects. But before going I wanted to take you to a place" I ask her, I might look calm outside but inside I am nervous as hell "If you want to that is" I add quickly