6 | BELLA

WHAT A FUCKING BITCH.

MARCH

MARCH

"Babe, just come over," Emmett whined over the phone. "I'll pick you up.

"First off, of course, you'd pick me up. I don't have a car," Frankie said, rolling her eyes playfully. "A running one, at least. But you know I've gotta go meet Bella."

In a surprising turn of events, Charlie's daughter Isabella decided to come live with him in Forks while his ex-wife traveled with her newest husband. It's all Charlie had been talking about for two months. So, as a welcoming present, Jacob and Frankie spent their time fixing up Billy's old red truck, having to completely rebuild the engine. Then Charlie bought it from him, hoping Bella would like it.

Bella Swan wasn't a stranger to her. It'd been a long time since they'd seen each other, but Charlie and Raylan arranged play dates when Bella visited during the summer months. So, while Raylan was at work, Charlie asked that Frankie come when the truck was delivered so that she'd be another familiar face to Bella.

But Emmett would rather his girlfriend be spending her free time with him on the Sunday. He was acting as if it was still soccer season and Frankie didn't have any time in her schedule for him, but they rode to school together every day, and on nights when her father was working a closing shift, she'd come to the Cullen house to eat dinner. Emmett sat in on band rehearsals and gigs, and would eat lunch with her every other day — she liked to alternate between his family and her other friends.

"I don't care for this new girl. She's already stealing you away from me," Emmett grumbled childishly, not really meaning it. If anything, he was excited. Alice had seen Edward's mate coming two months ago when she made the decision to move there. Now, they'd just need to find Rosalie's.

There was a honk, letting her know that they were outside. "You'll see me tomorrow, Cullen," she told him while slipping her shoes on.

"Bright and early."

Frankie groaned, hating the thought of school. "Stupid you with your stupid senior year," she complained. "Wish I was almost done."

"I think you'll survive one more year."

"We don't know that," she joked while going outside, thankful that it wasn't raining. "I've gotta go."

"Bye, babe."

A parting 'I love you' was on the tip of both their tongues. Of course, Emmett had been in love for a long time but didn't feel he deserved to say it to Frankie while he was still hiding the biggest secret in the world from her.

How Frankie hadn't figured out that they were vampires was beyond them. Though the Cullens just finally realized how unobservant the girl was. With how often she thought about food, you'd think she'd notice never seeing them eat any.