Emotions (Tododeku) angst

3rd person

(I apologize if this is long or if it seems rushed)

Todoroki had never been great at expressing himself after his mother scarred him, both physically and mentally. He had attempted and failed many times. Many people had helped him out with getting better and telling how he was feeling, but no one knew how to help him show it.

Strong emotions did show through, but the small moments of happiness never shined in his eyes or showed in his false smile. He never shed tears over movies where his favorite character died. He felt it all inside. And it was getting increasingly frustrating to him and his classmates.

He stared down at his hand, worrying over the depressing grade on his test. According to what his teacher put down, he had only gotten an a-. To most, that may be great, but he was not in the mood for his father to give him extra training that was bordering on abuse.

"Todoroki, is anything wrong?" Uraraka asked. He didn't realize she had been talking to him, so he continued to stare downward. "Todoroki, don't ignore uraraka that is considered to be very rude," iida said, doing a chopping motion with his hand as per usual.

"It is alright, Uraraka. I'm fine," he said in a monotone voice. He thought he was fine, but he also had a hard time realizing what he was feeling some days. During these days, nobody can typically tell what he is feeling.

Uraraka studied todorokis face, trying to get any glimpse of emotion. When she couldn't find any, she sighed in disappointment and just slouched down into the seat she was sitting in. Iida patted her on the back and continued to eat his sandwich.

After a couple of minutes, a familiar green haired boy quickly walked to their table. "I apologize for being late! All might wanted me to train before going to lunch!" He bowed gently before sitting down. Iida nodded. "It is fine, Midoriya. Training to become better is very heroic, and I strive to be like you!"

He smiled before he began to eat the lunch he had gotten. Todoroki stared at him before thinking about how All Might seemed to train with him more than the others. He must be his secret love child, he thought. He began to stare at midoriya before he stared at Todoroki, clearly confused.

"What are you thinking about, Todoroki?" He snapped out of his thoughts before trying to formulate a response. "Im... not entirely sure." He stared at him, trying to see his emotions. When he couldn't figure it out, he sighed before slightly slouching in his seat and eating more of his food.

Todoroki couldn't understand why they were upset. He had always struggled with showing emotions. Why was their feelings changing about it now. He thought about it a little more before he began to eat his cold soba.

A couple of hours had passed, and Todoroki was dreading his father's arrival home. He had told him to come home as soon as the school was over. He stared blankly at the wall, trying to calm himself before he heard the front door open.

"Shoto, come to the living room now." He quickly walked in. His father's muscular body sat on the couch with a chair across from it. "Sit down." He did as his father told him.

"I am very disappointed in your grades as of recently. You went from being the best to just above average." He didn't day anything, just looked down at the ground. "Look at me when I am talking to you." He looked up to meet his father's harsh gaze.

"Since tomorrow is the weekend, I want you to come home again, and we shall train all day." Todoroki nodded before standing up to leave. "Your mother would be disappointed." He winced at the pain he felt hearing that from him. "Will that be all?" Endeavor nodded, and todoroki left with no other words said to one another.