Chapter 7: Darkness Rising (Part 1)

(Walking in the darkness he was alone. Searching everywhere to find somebody, Aegis kept wandering around the darkness. After wandering around for what felt like an eternity he finally saw light and walked towards it hoping for a way out. But when he reached it, it was not what he thought it was. Once he came out of the darkness there he saw a naval battle taking place in front of him. He saw the ships of his world fighting against humanity's greatest enemy, the Sirens. He watched as ships of his world erupted in flames as the Sirens slaughtered them. He wanted to help them, but somehow he couldn't. He couldn't move towards them from where he was standing like he was being blocked by a wall. He screamed out telling them to retreat but no matter how hard he tried, they could not hear him. He continued to watch as the sailors who jumped off of the sunken ships cried out for help. He fell to his knees as he was powerless to do anything other than watch as the sailors drowned in the cold water of the ocean and sank into the darkness. He cried out as looked down to his knees in agony, sorrow, anger.., and rage, and then...his surroundings returned to darkness. As he continued to cry, he then heard footsteps coming closer to him. Bringing himself to his feet he stood up and was shocked to see what was in front of him when he faced where footsteps came from. It was him but different. It moved closer to him, alongside it was a floating black box...and then it stopped, just two feet away from him.)

Copy: (*eerie voice*) You will fail. As you failed those from your world.

Aegis: (*says and looks at it angrily*) Who are you?!

Copy: You failed your world... You will also fail this one.

Aegis: (*shouts in anger*) WHO ARE YOU?!

Copy: Darkness will win against you. (*smiles evilly*) And will join us.

(Aegis only stood looking at the copy in fear and anger. Suddenly...it attacked him.)

Aegis: (*gasps and screams awake*)

(In his room Aegis burst awake sweating and hyperventilating. Looking around he realized that he was in his room. After calming himself down for a minute he then walked into the bathroom and washed his face. After washing his face he stared into the mirror.)

Aegis: (*places a hand on his forehead*)'It was just a nightmare... Why did I have that?'

(Before he could continue his musing he heard a knock on his door. He quickly put on a shirt and headed toward the door. Once he reached the door, he opened it and was greeted by Belfast.)

Belfast: Hello, sir Aegis (*bows*). Sorry to bother you.

Aegis: It's ok. I just woke up. Is there something you need?

Belfast: We received a distress call from our operatives in the Sakura Empire. It seems they have been discovered and are now requesting help.

Aegis: Very well. Give me a few minutes to wash up and dress myself.

Belfast: (*bows*) Thank you very much.

Aegis: Also wake up Apollo, Defender, and Lance and tell them to meet me at the docks.

Belfast: (*bows*) As you wish.

(Once Belfast had left Aegis took a quick shower and put on his clothes as well as his boots. Once he was done Aegis went to the door. He was about to reach the knob but then he heard a voice.)

Copy: (*whispers*) Darkness will win.

(Upon hearing the voice Aegis quickly looked behind him to see if somebody was there. After looking around his room, he found nobody was there. Shaking his head he quickly opened the door and ran to the docks.)