Chapter 9: New Reality

(It has been two days since the fleet returned from the island after their rescue mission of Sheffield, Edinburgh, and Akashi. All hell broke loose when the news of five more shipboys from Aegis' world was heard by the shipgirls, Commander Allenforth, Union Navy Fleet Admiral Chris Allenforth, and Royal Albion Navy Fleet Admiral Lord James Hedgesworth. When the fleet arrived they were met by everyone in the docks while the Commander and Admirals were more interested in the shipboys. Everyone was shocked when New Hampshire arrived at the docks. They were blown away by his sheer size and they were also equally shocked by the Factory ship. However, the one that took the cake was when Aegis, Lance, and Defender arrived. They were used to seeing their fellow shipgirls damaged when to went into combat but never have they seen a shipboy - let alone three of them from the future and another world- damaged after combat. The damages were taxing for the base's repair ship, Vestal, since she had no idea what to do. Luckily, with the 3D printers and forgers aboard the Factory ship, Micheal Gibbs was more than adequate for the job and the laser welding drones aboard him also helped in repairs and replenishing the three shipboys' missiles and ammo for their guns and launchers and replaced their Hydra-6's with the new Hydra-6(V)2's. Today, Most of Azur Lane in the base was relaxing after those two days.)

(Enterprise's Room)

(Enterprise was still asleep and lying on her bed even after the sun had risen. This prompted the ever-loving maid shipgirl Belfast to wake her up in the room.)

Belfast: Good morning, Enterprise.

(She said while looking at her still in bed. After a few moments Enterprise, now awake was now dressing up for the day.)

Belfast: Breakfast is ready. Sir Aegis is also waiting in the mess hall along with the new arrivals. (*said while holding her hat*)

Enterprise: How is he? (*takes the hat*)

Belfast: He is well. The repairs of the three of them were completed last night.

(Enterprise looked at the food bars on the table after hearing Belfast's reply. After a minute she shook her head and spoke.)

Enterprise: Let's eat at the cafeteria.

(The cafeteria was full of shipgirls eating their meals. However, all of them were looking at one particular table. And said table is where all shipboys and shipman -due to Micheal being old- of the other Earth were having a chat.)

New Hampshire: So, you're telling me the first one to be in this world is none other than USS Aegis himself?

(New Hampshire asked looking at Defender who only nodded.)

Defender: Aegis has been here for days while for us it has been five years since he along with RDML Mitchell made their last stand in Hawaii.

New Hampshire: This certainly is insane.

Defender: You can take the time to absorb this as you can.

Lance: When and how did you sink anyway, you five?

(The four shipboys and the one shipman looked at each other first before talking.)

Boston: We sank five years after you three did. It was 2074 if I'm not wrong. 

Endeavor: Me and Boston were part of a task force sent to reinforce the Japanese when a Siren fleet was detected entering their territory.

Kettei: I was one of the ships sent to help in the defense of the Japanese perimeter.

Endeavor: We three along with two carriers from the US Navy, one carrier from the JMSDF, 5 Constitution II-class destroyers, 5 Japanese guided missile destroyers, and 15 Arleigh Burke-class flight IV destroyers comprised the fleet sent to intercept.