Lemon Chapter: The Destroyer and the Cruiser (Lance X Atago)

(If there was an award for the most painful headache in the world, Lance would be the one receiving it. It has been weeks since the former Red Axis arrived on the base...along with Atago much to his annoyance. For the past weeks, Atago has been doing nothing but annoy him at most. She even tried to be touchy-feely with him which earned her a headbutt. Lance couldn't deny that Atago was beautiful. If she was just to take away her perversion, he may like her as a close friend. Right now, he was in the base's bar drinking. He didn't give a damn if he was drunk, he just wanted to stay away from Atago. However, that was just wishful thinking.)

Lance: 'And here I thought I'd be alone and away from her.'

(Sighing, Lance downed another glass before looking at his unwanted company. Atago was sitting next smiling as she looked at him.)

Lance: (*sigh*) Why are you here?

Atago: Ara~ Am I not allowed to be here?

Lance: There's nothing wrong with coming here to have a drink, but I'm asking why you are here and looking at me.

(He said before looking at Atago.)

Atago: Ara~ Am I not allowed to look at my favorite shipboy?

Lance: (*shivers*) Don't call me your favorite, it's weird.

(He said, downing another glass before asking for another.)

Lance: So, how is your life at base?

(Atago hummed, taking a sip from her glass before speaking.)

Atago: It's going fine. Though, they are a bit twitchy whenever we talk to them.

Lance: (*snorts*) Can't blame them for that. You essentially were our enemies before that whole Orochi bullshit that you guys did.

Atago: (*sighs*) Yes. And it was our greatest sin. We allied ourselves to the very enemy we were all vowed to destroy. The world sees us as traitors.

Lance: I wouldn't say traitors.

(Lance said, putting his glass on the countertop.)

Lance: Look, you gals just made a mistake. The actions of a few don't define the many. Don't blame yourselves for what your bosses did. Instead, do what you can to regain their trust. You helped destroy that thing, so that's the first step.

Atago: And the next?

Lance: I'll let you figure that out.

(The two sat in silence before Atago spoke.)

Atago: Hey.

Lance: Yeah?

Atago: Thank you for talking to me.

Lance: It's the least I can do. (*looks at her*) Now, are you gonna drink or just sit there?

(Smiling, Atago downed her glass and drank with Lance. While there, the two exchange stories of their battles. Like two veterans having a drink at a memorial party.)

Lance: (*groaning*) You got to be kidding me.

(Lance groaned as he carried a heavily intoxicated Atago on his back, who was rambling like a kid on sugar.)

Atago: (*drunk*) Woohoo, go faster~! go faster~!

Lance: 'I knew it was a bad idea and let her drink that damn whiskey.'

Atago: (*drunk*) Lance-y~! Go faster~!

Lance: I am not a horse! And it's damn difficult carrying your heavy plump ass on my back!