Mystery Solved

A week has gone by since their gaming tournament that they participated spontaneously. Mano was over at Ari's desk during work hours to go over some policies and catch up on some recent changes. He was explaining things to her in plain terms that way they both understand all the corporate mubo jumbo they were reading into. "It's still bugging me..." Ari suddenly said. She was following Mano's finger as it grazed against her computer monitor that was tilted his way for him to view. "What is?" Mano asks while clicking through the pdf that was on her computer screen. He maintained studious just in case they were caught off guard by a coworker or higher up.

"About Lia and Dom. Why would they be there? And together?" she spoke softer than her usual inside voice. She grabbed her notepad and pen taking some notes of what was on the pdf Mano going over. He shrugged, "It's a thought provoking, but is now really appropriate?" Even though he had that talk with Nidias boss, he still believes that they need to be discrete and more focused on work during office hours. "Tsch..." she clicked through her teeth and poked his hand with her pen. "Don't act like it's not bothering you too. My Ex, Your Ex Friend, together?" He sighs realizing that the focus is no longer on the policies they were reading into. He won't be able to delay this conversation to at least their lunch break.

"Yes, it's bugging me Aria" he confesses. "But why should I give it space in my head to occupy? You're my friend. You're my lover. You're the one I want to think about." Her temperature rose as her cheeks light up not expecting that random burst of love from Mano.  "A-ahem..." Ari clears her throat trying to hide her reaction the best she can, but it's difficult when he's right there in front of her. He takes her hand and with a gentle grip he leans down over the table to look up into her eyes. "Can we wait until lunch to talk more over this?" Finding how gentle he's been acting she nods and gives him a soft smile, "Y-yeah... jerk." Damn him she thought as her fluster was just increasing the more she was fawning over Mano.

Mano had brought them both bento style box lunches. He heated the food up and removed the lid letting out the aroma. Ari's nose flared up when it hit her. He brought it over to their table and sat down. Ari looked at him with near tears in her eyes, but with a huge smile. Mano looked at her in confusion, "You good?" He couldn't help but crack a smile seeing how goofy she looked. "You brought uramaki and maki... You're the best husband a gal can ask for..." Mano didn't process her full response yet, "Well you're welcome. I just shot in the dark in what you would li-" Then the 'husband' comment hit him. "YOUR WHAT?! IM SORRY?!" he immediately became as red as his boston roll. 

She already had a mouthful of sushi in her mouth for her to respond. Heck he shouldn't expect one as she was fangirling over the flavor. "This isth teh lifeth!" she said with food still in her mouth. "Don't talk with your mouth full and don't ignore me!!!" Mano shouted still flustered with his face red. She swallowed and pouted giving him a childish scowl, "Why are you being mean..." He gawked at her like a fish out of water, "I-I'm just not even going to try... I'm just gonna eat my lunch..." He starts eating while looking down at his food. Seeing that she won she giggles and enjoys the food. 

Once they were both done, she takes advantage of the time left in their lunch to talk about their previous subject, "Could they be dating? Lia and Dom I mean." Mano takes a sip of his tea before responding, "Maybe?" His brow raised, "Why is that your first theory? Hint of jealousy or somethin?" She lightly scoffs noticing he's trying to get a reaction out of her. "Why would i be? You're better in bed anyway." Mano not expecting that violently spat out his tea all over the floor and some even came out of his nose. "GAH!" he coughs smacking the table giving Ari a death glare. She had this smirk of dominance cross her face as if she was the antagonist of an anime. "Damn you and your shamelessness..." She gives him a cute wink and sticks her tongue out.