9°chapter

Disclaimer: the part dedicated to religion does not go against those who believe but serves for the story

Disclaimer: the part dedicated to religion does not go against those who believe but serves for the story. Everyone is free to profess what they believe

Sixteen hours since the sighting of the titans

It was night. Reo, Eren, Armin and Mikasa were aboard a wagon together with Hanji, Captain Levi and a reverend, to be precise Reverend Nick. Throughout the journey, Reo continued to feel uncomfortable and gave the reverend certain dirty looks. She wasn't sure why, but cult figures like Nick had always made her uncomfortable. She didn't understand them. Her parents were also religious and prayed often, especially her father. They had tried several times to instill religion and acts of faith in her but she was always reluctant. She believed that it was useless to pray into something whose certainty or face you do not know. Furthermore, if there truly existed someone who is considered so good by others then why did she have to suffer so much? However, she tried not to give it any thought and stayed next to Eren for the entire journey. Armin stared at his legs while a drop of sweat ran down his face "what do we do?...I never imagined that they would go beyond the wall rose...what is there left for us to do?...at this point, I don't think it would be useful something to send Eren there..." then he looked up and looked intently at the reverend "why is there even a priest from the cult of the walls with us?"
Hange hugged Nick from behind and put their hand on his chest "well...we're friends with Nick. He knew that there were titans within the walls. However, he has remained silent so far. I don't know why but it seems that he is even willing to sacrifice his own life so as not to reveal the other secrets that the walls hide...it seems that his cult knows the secrets of the wall." All four of them widened their eyes as soon as they heard those words, Eren stood up and approached Nick furiously "what?! What kind of talk is this?!" Reo pulled him by the shirt and made him sit down "don't force yourself...you still haven't recovered from the last transformation" he looked down and put a hand on her thigh which he kept for the whole journey "you're right"
after that together, or rather plus armin and hange, they talked about a sliver of annie's hardening that hange had with her/them. The spectacular thing was that this had not evaporated but remained intact. At this point Eren just had to obtain the ability to harden his titan body, if this were possible he would be able to close the breach in the walls. The captain looked at him with determination and said "you have to do it. You have to succeed. The priest and I stop here. I leave the rest to you. You understand what you have to do, don't you, Armin? You must continue to push your wits together with Hange" then he turned to Reo "Reo...use all your skill to protect Eren!" "Yes! Obvious!"
"I don't know why you're so attached to Eren but control yourself, you don't have to make any more mistakes"
"...yes. I will definitely do it."

Reverend Nick had no intention of speaking but he had revealed something important, namely the presence of a cadet from the 104th Corps who could reveal the mysteries kept secret from humanity. This cadet was Krista Lenz and she was the short, blonde, very pretty girl who was always with Ymir. Now the four together with Hange and Moblit were heading south-west, specifically to Utgard Castle. When they arrived at the location, the area was full of titans. Reo readied her blades and headed towards a titan who was about to eat Krista herself. She tore his skin and landed on one of the remains of the castle, the boys and Krista noticed her "Reo!"
"Krista... you too stay back, let us do it now"