5°chapter

The recruits during training were subjected to various efforts and trials

The recruits during training were subjected to various efforts and trials. There were endurance tests, long runs in the rain with weights on, or specifically cutting the necks of cardboard titans, and finally fights between soldiers. According to Shadis, Reo excelled in every discipline, was first in everything, had a lot of stamina and could run fast, her cuts were clean and deep, and she mastered the equipment for three-dimensional movement without problems. She felt a sort of satisfaction in cutting the necks of the titans and kicking her opponents, perhaps it was a way to let off steam and release stress.
It was Marco's turn to hold the knife, he took a running start and set off quickly towards Reo, but he didn't even have time when Reo threw him to the ground for the fourth time in a row. Everyone around looked at her in awe, including Eren who happened to be paired with Reiner. Out of breath Marco tried to get up and stammering said "but how do you do it?". Reo just shrugged and threw the knife she had stolen from Marco on the floor. She looked around a bit and saw Reiner and Eren fighting Annie, she too was definitely among the best in the fight and Reo didn't want to miss the chance to compete with her. So approaching them she asked "Annie...would you fight against me?" Eren and Reiner gasped in amazement and simultaneously shouted "What?!". This made everyone else hear and they came around them, whispering things like "a feud?" to each other. Annie adjusted a tuft of hair and very seriously said "okay... but I won't take it easy". Reo looked at her with an even more serious face and said "that wasn't in my plans". Connie came up to Jean's ear and whispered "who do you bet on?" Jean without even looking at him raised both arms and yelled "I bet everything on Reo!" others followed him "me too!". Reiner put his hands in his hair "I don't know who to choose!" (actually since he had seen her he had a soft spot for Reo and he liked her but didn't know whether to choose her or Annie... Annie was his friend after all). Eren was conflicted, he had just fought Annie and found her very strong but Reo was equally conflicted and she was Reo...he would bet on her. The knife was held by Annie and when one of them gave the start the two went into battle, many had bet on Reo and several others on Annie but the winner today was Reo who kicked the blonde's ankle, took the knife from her hand and aimed it at her chest once she was on the ground. Everyone started yelling "reo!reo!reo!" but she didn't give a damn, the only one she sought approval from was only one. Mikasa and Armin ran to her and hugged her "You're phenomenal!" they said, she returned the hug and then turned to Eren. He was a little away from her but he muted her "you were fantastic." She smiled at him and went over to congratulate Annie.

"offer your heart!"
"yes sir!"
"In the face of the recruits who are graduating today, three choices are revealed. The garrison corps, to dedicate itself to the strengthening of the walls and the protection of each individual city. The Survey corps, to challenge, ready to sacrifice, the titans in their domains outside the walls. Finally, the Gendarmerie corps, at the service of the king to control the population and maintain order. Of course, as already announced previously, the prerogative of choosing the gendarmerie corps belongs only to those who occupy the first ten positions in the ranking. "
10 Sasha Braus
9 Connie Springer
8 Marco Bodt
7 Jean Kirschtein
6 Eren Jaeger
5 Annie Leonhart
4 Berthold Hoover
3 Reiner Braun
2 Mikasa Ackerman
1 Reo Sohma