ⁱⁱ

JOSIE AND RORY were sat in English as Mr Medina was handing out their latest test. "Decent effort by most, good effort by some, exceptional effort by three." he told them. "Miss Geller, Miss Grant, Mr Graham." he said as he placed their tests before them. "Miss Sinclair." he smiled, handing her test back. A.

Josie smiled as she looked over at Rory.  "Miss Gilmore." Josie attempted to look on Rory's paper but inevitably failed.

"Look at the large, red circles around various parts of your paper as friendly reminders that to err is human and that here at Chilton we try to beat that humanity right out of you. Okay, next up, the dreaded test." he said, exaggerating 'dreaded'. "Shakespeare, the man we've been droning on about for the last three weeks, finally, comes back to haunt us on Friday." He informed them, pointing at the painting of Shakespeare on his wall.
"This is a big one my friends. Multiple choice with an essay section, that will count for 20% of your grade this semester. Don't be fooled by my kind face and charming personality. This test will be hard, and there will be no makeups." He explained, and the bell rang, a sigh of relief came from Josie when it did. "Refer to the study materials that I gave you at the beginning of the month. And those extensive notes I know you've been taking." he called over the loud sounds of people packing up. Josie scooped up her books and paper, putting some in her bags and the rest in her hands.

"Hey, Josie. What did you get?" Paris asked her. She looked up at the three girls stood at Rory's desk. "Oh, an A." she answered. "Lousie and I also got an A, Madeline got a B." Paris told her. Josie hummed in response "A B is still great." Paris began. "Rory, what class do you have next?" Josie asked. Before Rory could answer Paris began talking again. "But a D would be cause for concern." the blonde said. "Cry for help." Louise added. "Job application at McDonald's." The Geller girl continued. "Would you like fries with that?" Louise joked as the girls made their way to the door?

"Hey, you know, not everybody can be smart. As my mother always says, somebody has to answer the phones." Paris told them. "Okay, I have no idea what you are talking about." Madeline admitted. "No, but Rory does." Paris smirked, and the three walked away. "Hey, don't listen to her. So what if you got a D. Mr Medina grades intenesly." she reassured the gir. Rory smiled as they began walking to their lockers. Tristan spotted them, and walked over to them. "Hey, Maeve. Mary." he smirked, walking next to them.

"And it just keeps getting better." Rory mumbled. Tristan walked ahead of them and turned around so he was walking backwards. "You look sad." he observered, looking at Rory. "I'm fine." Rory told him. "Bad grade?" He frowned. "I have to go." The brunette told him.

"You know what, Mary, I just can't figure out why we're not friends? See, I think it's because I make you nervous." he admitted. Josie snorted at his commented, making him shift his gaze to her. "Something funny, Maeve?" He questioned. "Yeah, actually. You think you make Rory nervous. It's funny."

"Well, why aren't we friends, Maeve? Do I make you nervous?" He smirked at her. "Do I seem nervous?" She scoffed. "Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked, placing his hand on the wall, blocking their way. "Yes. I do, actually." she informed him.

He gave her a wide-eyed expression. "What?" She furrowed her eyebrows at him. "Just surprising that's all. What about you, Mary?" He asked, turning to Rory. "None of your business." Rory told him. "Is that a no?" He questioned. "Is there nobody else at this school you can bother." The Gilmore girl asked. "Cause, I think you like me. And you just don't know how to say it."

"How could you possibly think that? Is it your ego talking or your brainless head?" Josie asked, folding her arms over her chest. "So, what are you doing Friday night?" He asked. "I'm busy." Rory answered, he turned to Josie who's attention was elsewhere. "Maeve." he nudged her arm, making her snap her eyes in his direction. "What? What do you want?" she asked, raising her eyebrows at him in confusion. "Was wondering what you're doing on Friday night?" He asked again. "I have date." she smiled. "With your 'boyfriend'?" He questioned. "Get a life, Tristan." she rolled her eyes, pushing passed him.