ᵛⁱⁱ

IT WAS JOSIE'S first day at Stars Hallow High. And to start of her day, she was working at Luke's. "So, you and Tristan... how's that going?" Riley asked. "Good, it's great." Josie answered shortly. "That's it? Just good?" Marley raised her eyebrow. "I don't wanna jinx it." She shrugged.

Taylor came in then, followed by a group of boy scouts, and walked straight up to the counter. Lorelai stood behind them, trying to push through. "Everybody, listen up, decide what you want, place your order and then proceed to the end of the line." eh told them. "I want a burger." One of the boys ordered, raising his hand. "I want grilled cheese." the next said, doing the same. "Me too!" Another boy called. "And I want fries, and make them really really crispy." he said excitedly. "I want mine crispy too." the first boy said. "You didn't order fries." another boy pointed out. "So?"

"So, you can't order crispy fries without first ordering fries." Josie explained. "Why not?" The boy asked, Josie held back an eyeroll. "Because you can't make something crispy that doesn't exist." She continued to try and explain, her friends holding back laughs. "Why not?" the boy questioned, dumbfounded. "Get him away from me Taylor. Or i swear to God, I will swap the 1% and 2% milk." she threatened. "Have some respect, these boys just complete the first leg of their outdoor-survival training." Taylor told her. "You mean, you had them sit under a tree and glue rocks together for two hours." Luke corrected, coming out of the kitchen. "You're a very jaded man, Luke. What happened to you as a child?"

"Some creepy guy in shorts and knee-socks tried to sit me unddr a tree and glue rocks together for two hours." Luke answered. "Put that down." Josie scolded the boy who had just lifted the lid of the doughnuts. "Why?" the boy asked. "Because otherwise you're going under it." She warned. "I won't fit." the boy pointed out. "Oh yes you will." she narrowed her eyes, making her friends laugh. "Hey! Doughuts, please!" Lorelai requested. "Hey, we were here first!" the first boy in the line yelled. "On the planet?" Lorelai asked. "Huh?" the boys aksed. "You lose! Chocolate, cinnamon and sprinkles!" The woman asked as the phone rang. Josie went over to grab the doughnuts.

"Yeah, I'm working, what do you think-" Luke said on the phone. "Why can't you get our orders ready?" The boy in front of Josie whined. "Because you've been whining." Josie shrugged. "Oh, man.W- what did you do?" Luke asked down the phone. "What's that supposed to mean?" the little boy frowned. "Do you wanna go under this lid?" she said, tapping it with her nails. "Excuse me?! Are you serious?" The man yelled at the person on the other line, as Josie handed Lorelai her doughnuts. "This is unbelievable! You won't ever change will you?" Luke yelled. "Okay, fine! Do what you want make the arrangements. Now I'm working we'll finish thi later." Luke stammered, slamming his phone back into it's holder.

"Is everything okay?" Josie asked her Boss. "Do you have a sister?" He asked. "Uhm.... no?" Josie raised her eyebrow in confusion. "I do!" The first boy scout raised his arm, Josie sent him a glare. "You have my sympathies." Luke told him. "Thanks I appreciate that!"

❥︎

JOSIE WALKED AROUND the high school building, Marley and Riley had befriended a girl who had moved to town that summer, Eloise Brady, so they were showing her around. Josie managed to find her first class, which unfortunately had Chuck in. Yhe be rang just as she sat down. "Josie?" Chuck asked. "What?" she spat. "Woah, what's with the attitude? I was just surprised to see you here." He shrugged as he tried taking the seat next to her. "Do not sit there." she told him, her eyes focused on the front of the class. "Why not?" He asked. "Do you want to get punched?" she asked. He huffed laugh and moved  to a seat a few rows back. "Chill, Sinclair." He put his hands up in defence.

❥︎

JOSIE WENT TO Luke's straight after school, she opened the door and went to the counter immediately, where Luke and Lorelai were busy talking. She dumped her bag on the floor, sat down in the stool one over from  Lorelai and crossed her arms flat on the counter top. She rested her head ontop of her arms and closed her eyes. Lorelai were talking at the end of the counter when someone walked in, Josie didn't bother moving her head of the counter to see who it was. It was a somewhat tall brunette boy who's lips curled up at the sight of the girl as he attempted to disappear upstairs. "Jess, hey. Good, I'd like you to meet someone." Luke said, stopping the boy in his tracks. "Hey, hi. I'm Lorelai. I just wanted to meet you before Luke had the chance to fill your head with all kinds of lies about me." she told him. "Hi."