Chapter 9 The Power of A God

/The Godseeker POV:

*nock*

*nock*

*nock*

   I awoke to hearing knocking from my door. I bring the covers of the old tattered blanket over my head desperately trying to stay asleep in a bed that was too small for me. As my legs hanged off completely. "Five more minutes." I say grumbly and half awake.

I didn't know how long I was asleep for, but could positively say that it was some of the best sleep I ever had, and I did not want it to end. Even though the bed was horribly uncomfortably, and the blanket was more of a rotten cloth than a blanket, and the pillows were practically nonexistent due to the lack of cushion in them.

*nock*

*nock*

*crack*

*thump*

The door breaking off its hinges hitting the floor with a thump, startling me fully awake.

"Uhhhh...... sorry about that."

I hear that through my mind realizing it to be my Lord who had taken residence in the house next to me. I shoot straight up looking at my Lord who is crouched down slightly looking into the house as they stood outside I. "M-my Lord I—" I try to speak but was cut off by them.

"I-I'll fix that."

My Lord says not paying attention to me seemingly more worried about the door, picking up the door the door, and trying and failing at putting the door back in place, and on its hinges. Then deciding to just lean it against the door frame. "M-my Lord uhhhh w-what do you need?" I say still surprised at their sudden appearance.

"I came to tell, Grimm take me to Howling Cliffs. For some sort of teaching."

My Lord say's making quotation marks with his hands as he said teaching. "Teaching about what?" I say questioningly as I get out of the bed having to duck slightly as not hit my head on the ceiling. "Will I be accompanying you two?" I say moving to get closer to the exit, with the now nonexistent door, where my Lord is standing, but hitting my head on the old rusted chandelier. Making a ding sound as it collided with my face. My Lord shakes head not noticing me hit my head,and says.

"No. He said he wants to be surprise for everyone."

Making quotation marks again as he spoke. Then taking a step back and to the left allowing me step out of my house. I still Rubbing the side of my head that hit the chandelier. Then having fully crouch to get under the door to leave. "Ok my Lord as you wish." I say standing up fully again and begging to stretch. My body still not fully awake.

"May I ask how long I was asleep for?" I ask my Lord still stretching.

"Around a day."

My Lord says to me. Causing my eyes to widen slightly at the fact that I slept for that long. "I guess you'll be going off with Grimm soon my Lord?" I say to them finishing my morning stretches. They nod in conformation, and soon after in a puff of scarlet smoke Grimm appears. "Speak of nightmares and dreams and I shall appear." He says raising arms up high with a performers grace as the smoke dissipated around him.

"Are you ready for your first lesson of being a god, my friend?" Grimm says lowering his arms down and looking up at my Lord. Then turning towards me, "and don't worry I will get to teach you later Seeker." Grimm said to me. It took me a second to process not just that he called me Seeker, but implied that I was a god. "Seeker? Why would you call me that? Also I don't need such teachings because I am no god." I say irritation rising in my voice.