Chapter 12 Breakfast

Also sorry if you got a second notification for this chapter I just had to fix some errors.
———————————————————————————

/The Seeker POV:

*yawn*

My eyes slowly flutter open as I stretch my body under the blankets before plopping back down on the soft bed. After a few minutes of struggling to not fall back asleep, I slowly get out of bed and uncover the lumafly lamp flooding the room light. My eyes squint as they try to adjust to the light now in the room.

When my eyes properly adjusted to the light I step out of my room and into the halls. Turning right and taking a couple of steps to my Lord's chambers to check in if they are awake. Hoping I didn't wake up late wishing somewhat wishing that I could tell the time but due to the Palace being in constant light making it impossible to tell what time it was. I turn and stop at the door beginning to knock.

*Knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*

"My Lord, are you awake?" I say taking a step back my voice dry due to lack of use since I just woke up. I wait a moment casually scanning the door in front of me noticing light coming from the bottom of the door. I take it as my Lord being awake and knocking on the door again.

*Knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*

"My Lord?" I wait a couple of seconds waiting for a sound anything to say they are awake. "Is there a problem?" I say worry slowly seeping into my mind hoping my Lord is not in trouble. "My Lord. If... If you don't respond I will be coming in ok." I wait for an anxious ten seconds. I take a deep breath hoping I am not about to intrude on my Lord's privacy. "... I warned you I'm coming in." I take a deep breath before grabbing the door Nob slowly opening the door somewhat tense but almost immediately relaxing letting the breath I was holding escape my lungs.

Seeing my Lord's sleeping form slumped over on the desk littered with papers and journals. They must have fallen asleep reading the Pale Kings journals. I push open my door fully and make my way in walking toward my Lord's sleeping body. "My Lord... wake up," I say softly, placing my hand on their shoulder and slightly shaking them. I wait for a few seconds looking for any response from them besides their steady breathing. Before shaking them again with a little bit more force. "Come on now wake up, please," I say finally starting to see them begin to stir awake. "There you go now wake up," I say hearing a tired groan come from their voice. I chuckle slightly at that "Now now don't you give me that tone." I say with a smile.

"Mmmhm... nooo."

My Lord's muffled voice says in protest, their head still face down on the desk. "No? What do no? You have to get up and eat. You have lessons to take now." I say shaking them again. My Lord sluggishly lifts their head, a paper that was stuck to their face falling off back onto the desk. They reached their hand to grab the paper.

"I....I have work... to do."

They said with a yawn in a barely awake voice seemingly fighting to stay awake. I look at them slightly worried realizing that they most likely have stayed up all night reading the Pale Kings journals. I let out a solemn sigh before grabbing the paper they were reaching for and speaking "Your work can wait until tomorrow. Right now you are getting up and going to eat some breakfast and then going straight back to bed ok to sleep."

"B-but... but I-"

I immediately cut them off, my voice becoming a little bit more harsh. My harsher tone was something I would never try to do, not wanting to risk the wrath of my Lord, but my worry for their needs and health outweighed my fear of punishment. "No. I am not hearing it ok? You are not staying here to continue to overwork yourself like this... Now get up before I drag you out of here by your horns."