Awakening

flower's pov:

I heard a beeping in my dream, the light becoming bright. My eyes snapped open with the beeping suddenly becoming closer and closer. My eyes scanned the room, and I saw that the machine beside me was beeping nonstop.

I groaned, turning to my other side, but then I remembered something much more important than sleep.

Ruby.

I sat up in my bed, and hit my head on a balloon. I gently rubbed my head with my shaky hand, and looked at the floating balloon that had the words "get better soon." I suddenly shook as I felt something warm wrap around me. It was my mother.

"my baby.." I heard her say in a chocked voice. Tears formed in my eyes as I grasped her back, crying as well. I forgot how much I missed her. I felt another pair of hands on my body and heard my father exclaim in Russian "she's alive!" I sniffled, wiping my tears as the embrace ended, and my dad sat on the bed next to me, holding my trembling hand.

I wanted to say anything, but I was still in shock. Before I could get my words to work, I saw the door open, and dr.Vaseline walked in. They had a clipboard, and walked over to us. They cleared their throat. "We have the recorded data of how long it will take to fully recover Flower." They handed the paper over to my parents, and my mother clasped her hand over her mouth. I could hear my father whisper "2 months..or possibly longer?" I felt my mouth go dry as I looked at the doctor.

"No..no I can't! I-I have a job and I need to see Ruby and-" "Please, calm down. Your job will understand what happened. And for ruby, she's healing excellently fast. Your body needs to-" dr.Vaseline was cut off by the sound of the door viciously opening. In the doorway, I saw her.

My one and only Ruby.

"FLOWER!" She said, running over to me in crutches. I felt more tears about to fall that were in the corner of my eyes. "R..Ruby?" I said, unable to control the goofy grin on my face. Ruby jumped onto the bed and wrapped her arms around my frail body tightly. I was in shock once more, and felt myself hugging her back, her lips butterfly kissing my face, causing me to sincerely blush.

I saw doctors in the doors. "Ms.Rojo! You shouldn't be running!" They scolded, running over. Ruby winced in pain as her legs seemed to be in pain.

"Ruby..you're okay! I-i thought-" "it's okay, I'm here now." "I'm..I'm so sorry, my baby.." I said, sniffling and helping her to sit with her damaged legs. I scouted crutches on the floor outside of the door, and realized Ruby probably ran all the way here.

"Did you..seriously run all the way here just for me?" I asked in a chuckle. Ruby covered her mouth and laughed. I grabbed the hand and pulled it away. "Oh..how I missed you." "I missed you too."

Ruby looked into my eyes softly, and I could feel her love. I squeezed her body tight, before we both leaned in, foreheads together. I pressed my lips against hers, giving her a fruitful kiss, our breaths mingling. The kiss got more sloppy as we continued. I didn't want to let go, I didn't want to leave her. Not again.

The kiss broke, and I gently kissed her forehead. I saw my parents blushing and looking away respectfully. Even the doctors were a bit flushed. The doctors had to pull Ruby off of me, and her dorky face had my lipstick on her lips. I giggled softly, covering my mouth.

Ruby waved goodbye to me as she was escorted back to her room. I felt so guilty for leaving her, my baby. Dr.Vaseline cleared their throat, looking back at the papers.

"yes, unfortunately healing may take a few months. But, your little red fri- I mean, girlfriend, can keep you company." Dr.Vaseline said, sighing softly.

"B-but, this will be so expensive! Who'll pay for it in this economy?!" I said, but then I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was my dad. "We will pay for it. All of it. You know we are rich. We can handle it." My dad said, patting my shoulder. I felt more tears in my eyes as I hugged him tightly, whispering thank you's in Russian into his chest.

I felt his arms wrap around me, shushing me. My mom hugged me as well, kissing my petals gently. I sobbed into my dad's chest, gripping onto him. I just felt so relieved that we would be okay.

The doctor awkwardly gave the bills to my parents to sign. "I'll let you guys have a moment." They said before leaving. I pulled away sniffing, wiping my tears away with my wrist. "T-thank you, so much..." I said as I looked up at them.

My dad put his hand on my shoulder. "It'll be okay, don't worry." He said.

*a few hours later.*

Ruby's POV:

I sipped on my Apple juice as sonic boom played on the big screen tv, this place was lit. Agate bought me balloons, and I inhaled pretty much most of the helium to sound funny. I'm probably okay.

Great news that flower's parents would pay for both of our hospitals bills, they're so generous. And we're both lucky to be alive, we both took some pretty bad harm. My legs were up on the stretchers, still painful from when I took that big run.

*flashback*

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to see flower. I looked at the nurses beside me that were monitoring my status, and I glanced at the crutches. I sat up, forming an evil plan in my mind.

"Ms.rojo, what are you-" the nurse was cut off as I suddenly turned, grabbed my crutches, swung my legs (painfully) out of their stretchers, and began to bolt out of the room on my crutches. The halls seemed to blur together, but I had to keep going. My legs felt like they had lighting shocking up and down them from the heel all he way to my head.

I winced in pain, but I saw a distinctive room coming up. I had to trust my gut. I turned sharply, dropping one of the crutches, and with the rest of my leg strength, I kicked the door open, and there she sat. My flower.

"FLOWER!" i yelled running over to her in my one crutch. I felt more and more pain, but I made it. "R..Ruby?" Flower said, unable to control the beautiful grin on her bandaged face. I jumped onto the bed and wrapped my arms around her shaking body, snuggling my head close and pecking her face. I heard her giggling and holding me tight as well.

I saw doctors in the doors. "Ms.Rojo! You shouldn't be running!" They scolded, running over. Oh right, my legs. I winced in my own pain, my nails digging into flower's skin.

"Ruby..you're okay! I-i thought-" "it's okay, I'm here now." "I'm..I'm so sorry, my baby.." Flower said with tears, sniffling and helping me to sit with my horribly damaged legs. I looked into her face and saw her eyes on the floor, before they met with mine.

"Did you..seriously run all the way here just for me?" She asked in a chuckle. I covered her mouth and laughed. Then, she romantically grabbed the hand and pulled it away. "Oh..how I missed you." "I missed you too."

Flower looked into my eyes softly, and I could feel her affection. I felt her squeeze and grab at my body tight, before we both leaned in, foreheads together. I pressed my lips against hers, and flower gave me a steamy long kiss, our breaths seeming to mix more and more. My lips felt as if they were on fire, and I wished to not stop.

The kiss broke, and she kissed my forehead. The doctors had to pull me off of her, and I could feel flower's soft pink lipstick on my lips now. She giggled softly, covering her upturned mouth.

I waved goodbye to her as I was forcefully escorted back to my room.

*end of flashback*

I sipped on the final last drops of my juice box, licking my lips once more. Yeah, maaaaaaybe I shouldn't have done that. But I had too! I just had to see my bbg.

But anyway, besides the whole interviews and cops situation, this place is chill. Free tv, and free apple juice? That's crazy!!