Chapter 11

**WINTER’S P.O.V**

**WARNING: CONTAINS SELF-HARM**

Zayn takes my hand in his and it fits perfectly, making the moment feel right. Liam storms past us and gets into the limo first, his expression impatient. Louis and Harry find their seats next to Liam and Zayn and I sit next to each other, Niall plopping himself on the other side of Zayn. We all talk amongst each other, except for Liam who’s giving me and Zayn a dirty look. We arrive at a fancy restaurant, which I wasn’t expecting. I look up at Zayn with a smile but he shakes his head and puts his hands up, saying he had nothing to do with this. My smile fades as I look around at the boys until I find a cheeky Harry grinning at me.

“I thought you’d like something like this. It’s my treat,” he says.

“Oh, thank you, Harry,” I say happily, giving him a short hug.

We get out and we’re taken to a table by a man in a suit that recognized Harry. We say in the same order we sat in the limo. Zayn immediately puts his arm around me as he opens the leather covered menu in front of him. I opened my menu and pick out what I want. Our waiter arrives and takes our drink and food orders and we all continue to talk to one another, Liam actually attempting to make conversation.

We eat when they bring us our food and all of a sudden, a handsome boy with light brown hair and amber eyes comes up to our table and says in a dark, raspy voice, “Winter?”

I look up from my food at him. My calm blue eyes meet his flaming amber ones. I feel my heart skip a beat. He was beautiful. How did he know my name?

“Yes, it’s me,” I say trying to not let my voice crack.

He smiles, “You don’t remember me do you? I tell in your eyes.”

Damn, he was good.

“Yeah, I don’t, sorry,” I say.

Next to me, Zayn was shifting uneasily. He was uncomfortable. He didn’t want this boy talking to me.

“It’s me, Damien!” he says, holding his arms out as if to reveal himself.

I think for a minute and it hits me like a train. Shit, this was my ex from the 10th grade. What the hell was he doing here?

“Oooh,” I murmur.

“Remember me now?” he says, cocking an eyebrow.

“Yeah, I do,” I say, my voice cracking this time.

“Um, do you mind explaining what’s going on here, Winter?” Zayn says, his arm wrapping around me again protectively.

“Well,” I said, turning my head to my current boyfriend, “This is Damien, my ex from the 10th grade.”

Damien grinned and stretched his arm towards Zayn, “How do you do, mate?”

Zayn took his hand reluctantly, shaking it quickly and firmly. Damien had a sly smile on his face that made me feel uncomfortable. There was a wicked look in his eyes as he glared at Zayn, then it softened when his gaze fell back on me.

“So, how have you been, Winter?” Damien asks, looking at me with an interesting stare.

I avoid looking at him and stare down at my empty plate, “I’m good.”

I look back up at Damien when he doesn’t respond and he’s expecting me to say something else.

When I don’t, he speaks, “Wowee, WInter, did you forget your manners in four years? Aren’t you gonna ask how I’m doing?”