Chapter 14

**ZAYN’S P.O.V**

We get out of Nandos once we're finished eating and I make sure I'm by Winter's side the whole time. We go to the boy's and I's hotel room for the first time with Winter. Winter and I take a seat on one of the couches in the living room and the boys take their own seat around us.

"So, what's going to happen?" Niall says in a low voice, looking at me with fear in his eyes.

"I don't know..." Winter whispers, putting her face in her hands.

I put my arm around her and look at the boys who all have a sympathetic look. I gently take Winter's hands off her face and look her in the eyes, our hands clenched tightly together.

"Winter, listen to me; I love you. More than I've ever loved anyone. You're my everything and I will never leave you, no matter what. I promise."

Tears roll down her face as she smiles at me, "I love you too."

We embrace and of course, Louis would be the one to ruin the moment with a loud, “AWWWW!”

I look over at him and he gives me a cheeky grin and we all laugh.

“You know what?” Liam says loudly, “We should do something fun! Isn’t the fair in town?”

He turns his head to Winter and she smiles and nods through the drying tears on her cheeks.

“Cool! We should all go!” Liam announces, jumping up from his seat.

“Woah, like... Now?” Harry asks.

“Sure! Why not?” Liam yips.

We all get up and Liam grabs his keys off the counter and we make our way out of the room and the hotel. We squeeze into Liam’s car and it’s around 5:00 pm  by the time we get to the fair. Louis and Harry start pointing at all the rides they plan on going on together. Liam goes up to the ticket booth and gets our bracelets that allows us to ride any ride unlimited times. We put them on and the first ride we go on is the ferris wheel. Winter and I get a seat to ourselves and so do the other boys. Naturally, Louis and Harry sit together and Liam and Niall have their own seats as well. I put my arm around Winter and she smiles, looking up at me with glittering eyes. I see her eyes look down at my lips then back up at me. The lights of the fair and ferris wheel illuminate her face and bring out the shadows that carve out her high cheekbones and perfectly carved face. I feel like I’m falling in love all over again and I start to lean in slowly. Winter does the same and our eyes close as our lips meet. I can taste the cherry from her chapstick that she put on earlier and I wrap my other arm around her, wanting to make this moment last as long as it possibly can. My hands go down to her waist and wrap around her, bringing her closer to me and her hands rest on my chest. We kiss like this for some time until we both pull away slowly, both of us still wanting more from the other. Winter’s eyes burn with passion and I stroke her cheek gently with one hand, my other still around her waist.

“I love you, Winter. I really do,” I whisper loud enough so she can hear me over all of the festivities of the fair.

“I love you too, Zayn. More than anything,” She whispers back with a smile on her face.

We grin at each other and go back to sitting in our starting position with my arm around her protectively. The ride finishes and the boys are waiting for us when we reach the bottom. Harry’s eyebrows raise as he looks between Winter and I and Louis nudges my arm. Winter giggles and I roll my eyes at them.

“Your lips are glistening,” Louis blurts and I go to hit him but he turns and runs away with Harry, laughing loudly to a crazy rollercoaster.

Winter’s laughing and has her face in her hands. She looks up at me and we look at each other’s lips and laugh.

“Oh well,” Winter giggles.

We go to other rides and go throughout the rest of the night having fun with each other and the boys and eating carnival food. They start shutting down around 9:00pm and we walk out of the fair with Winter carrying a pink bear that I won for her.

We go back to the hotel and splay ourselves out onto the living room floor and the couches, groaning in pain from walking the whole fair. Winter’s on the couch, cuddling with her bear and I can’t help but smile, looking at her as her breathing slows down and she drifts off into sleep. I stand up, flinching, and walk over to her and kiss her cheek gently, slipping my arms under her back and legs, picking her up. I carry her to my room and lay her down gently with her bear still in her arms. I tilt my head to the side and watch her, her long, blonde hair strewn across the bed and her pink lips sealed together by sleep. I bend down and kiss her softly on the lips, careful not to wake her. I stand back up and take off most of my clothes until only my boxers remain. I get in the spot on the bed next to Winter and pull her in towards me. I close my eyes as her sweet scent wafts around me and smile. I slowly fall asleep with the girl I love in my arms.

The sun is bright and seeping through the window. My arm is still around Winter and I lean over to check on her. Her bright blue eyes are open and looking out the window.

She notices me and smiles, “Morning, sleepy head.”

I smile back at her and plant a small kiss on her cheek, “Good morning.”

She turns over so I’m not strained and I lay back down. Her bear is still in her arms, held close to her chest.

“Thanks for carrying me over last night, I hope I wasn’t too heavy,” She says, rubbing her eye tiredly.

“Not a problem,” I tell her, pushing her hair behind her ear.

“I had a lot of fun last night, Zayn,” She grins, holding the bear closer to her.

“Me too, babe,” I whisper as I move closer to her, my hand on her waist.

We look into each others eyes for a while, smiling at each other and I can feel my heart skip a few beats. She was wonderful. Beautiful. I loved everything about her. I never wanted to lose Winter as long as I lived. She was the one I wanted to be with forever.

I lean into her and kiss her lips passionately, my hand snaking around her waist and pulling her into me. We pull away and smile and I turn over to look at the time. The clock reads 9:45 AM.

“Should we start getting up?” Winter asks.

I stretch and nod, getting up from my spot at almost the same time as Winter. We walk out of the room and into the living room where all the boys look up at us and grin cheekily.

“Shut up,” I mutter, as they laugh.

Winter giggles and I walk over to the table in the dining room. I pick up my phone from where I left it last night and I see that I have five missed calls and a text from Perrie Edwards. My heart stops and I stare at the phone in disbelief. Why would she call me? Why would she text me? She wanted nothing to do with me after our fight. And yet here I was with missed calls and unanswered texts.

Liam sees that I’m acting weird and gets up from his spot on the couch and walks over to me.

“What’s wrong Zayn?” He whispers when he reaches me.

I tilt the phone for him to see and his face says it all.

“Oh no...” Liam gasps.

I nod, “I haven’t even read the text yet...”

Liam looks at me with a sympathetic gaze, “Do it.”

I take a shaky finger and swipe the text message icon. It opens to the message where I read her text:

Zayn, please answer me. I’m sorry about what I said. I want you back.