Chapter 2

I look up into two beautiful blue eyes. They shimmer like diamonds and she looks at me sympathetically.

"Oh my goodness, I'm such a clutz. Are you alright?" the girl says with her strong British accent.

Her blonde wavy hair cascades down both of her shoulders and she places a gentle hand on my arm.

I'm frozen and I manage to stammer, "N-No, it's not your fault. I wasn't looking up. I'm fine. Are you okay?"

She smiles at me with perfectly straight teeth that are whiter than snow, "I'm fine."

I hear Liam give an Ahem but I don't budge.

"What's your name, love?" I say, smiling in spite of myself.

She says in a soft voice, "Winter."

Liam gives a louder ahem and I turn around and give the old "hold on, I'm trying to flirt here" look. He rolls his eyes and looks away, giving me freedom to talk. I turn back to Winter and she's still smiling, her glossy lips lining her perfect teeth.

"What's your name?" she says sweetly.

I answer, trying not to swoon at her beauty, "Zayn... Zayn Malik."

She gives a small gasp, "Oh my gosh."

All of a sudden I feel my stomach drop. Oh crap, I think, Is she a fan?  

"I can't believe I didn't recognize you before!" she yips, "You're the boy from the X-Factor and that one band... um... One Direction!"

I want to groan and hit my head against a wall. God dammit, I moan to myself.

"You've got talent," she continues calmly.

I look at her kind of puzzled. You're not gonna jump all over me and ask for pictures? I ask her in my head.

"Oh, uh, thanks," I say with a smirk.

She smiles back and I hear the limo behind me honk. I see her jump slightly and I hate the driver for scaring her.

"I gotta..." I mumble, pointing to the limo a meter away.

She looks at me with her crystal blue eyes and nods, "Yeah. Here," she hands me a small piece of folded up paper.

I open it up to see a phone number and two "X"s written neatly at the bottom.

"See you around," she says with a sly wink and walks off, her light green sundress flowing in the breeze.

I look down at the numbers on the paper and back up at her walking away gracefully. The limo gives a longer honk, loud enough for me to flinch. I put the small paper in my jean pocket, walk to the limo, open the door and I get inside. I take a seat next to Liam and all of the boys stare at me.

"What?" I say, trying to keep a straight face.

Louis pipes up, "So much for being sad about Perrie, huh?"

Niall hits him in the arm, "Louis!"

"What?!" He says, "I'm just saying!"

Liam gives him a look and he stays quiet.

"I only got her number. It's nothing serious," I take out the paper and fiddle with it in my hands, "And I am still sad about Perrie. This doesn't change that."

Harry gives me a cheeky smile, "But you do like her, don't you?"

All the boys turn their head to look at me as they wait for my answer. \

I can feel my cheeks getting red and I nod slightly, "She was beautiful."

Harry gives a throaty chuckle and Niall makes an "oooh" sound. Louis gives me a cocky smile that says, "I knew it." Liam simply stares at me with an unreadable emotion on his face. I look down at the number and I can see her flawless face again. I smile a little and think, maybe I won't be sad for too long.