Finally Asking

"So what're you calling them now?", Ned asks as their trio walk into the elevator. Peter shrugs, "Idk. Ms Nat said I could call them however I wanted, but it's still weird dude, you know?". He sputters, trailing at the end, "but, I... might have also called her Auntie Nat already". Ned loses the plot, MJ smirking over him. "Well done Parker", he blushes pushing her lightly. "Gotta go to Helen's, see you two losers for lunch". She disappears down her hallway towards the Med-Bay, Ned leaving soon after. Now Peter's faced with him.

"Welcome Kid" Tony's stood centre of the lab, smiling as he walks in. Peter dropping his back by his desk before he replies, "Morning Mr Stark". He knew what he was doing, and Tony immediately scowling proves he was successful. "Kid, I thought we talked about this, don't downgrade me like that".

Giggling, almost to the point of falling over, Peter's able to get out a quick "Ok Tony". But it's enough to make the billionaire smile again, though the joke bringing forward his biggest concern. "So kid, since now you know, does that change anything?"

"You mean besides me calling you Tony?", the billionaire nods, "Well... It doesn't need to. I knew you as Mr Metal and I got to know you as Mr Stark, they're two sides to a coin but you're still the same coin, now I just know both sides to it". Tony's smile grows, "has anyone ever told you you're really smart". Peter grows red at the compliment on his intelligence from Tony Stark. Mr Metal, or Tony, or Whatever it doesn't change the fact that it's still a compliment from Tony Stark.

The aforementioned genius billionaire philanthropist also choosing to hug Peter while he buffered. "You don't know how many times I wished I could do this. Wished I could thank you for everything". It doesn't help Peter's buffering. "T-T-Thank you Mr- I mean, Tony. Means a lot" he's able to reply from Tony's shirt, hugging back and melting into it. "You know, I wouldn't mind if we started doing this more". Tony pulls back, enough to see Peter without releasing his arms. "I'd like that too kid".

A repetitive beeping interrupting their embrace. "Right, Kid-", Tony moves out of the way, revealing the excited robot behind him. "He wanted to see you again, so I finished fixing him up". Dum-E beeps happily, sneaking his arm around Peter's waist for what he can only guess its a hug.

"Good to see you too Dum-E". He smiles back, doing his best to hug/pat back. All the while Tony sneers at the robot, "though with the promise of no more stabbing, hitting or otherwise annoying me". The robot sasses back, beeping similarly in cadence to how Tony spoke, getting Pete to giggle and the target to stomp away.

Even then, Tony didn't regret it. It was nice seeing Peter and Dum-E chat and even nicer to see the robot make his kid laugh. "Hey Pete, before you start, I got something for you". Peter wasn't certain what he meant, until he saw Tony pull out the card. "He's back?". Peter fakes as much excitement as he can, not wanting to let on he knew. "Got him to sign it too". To avoid having to feign even more joy about the card he bought and signed, he hugs Tony again, whispering a "thank you" into him before turning back to work with Dum-E.

A good four or so hours before the other shoe dropped. "Boss, Speedy Gonzales requests your presence outside".

Tony rolls his eyes, gesturing Peter to stay back. "Don't worry, Dumbass probably broke something or wants to. I'll handle it". Peter doesn't get to give it much thought as Dum-E drives him back into work, even helping out. "I don't know what Tony meant, you're very nice and helpful". Peter compliments, Dum-E beeping happy and nodding his little arm.

It's a few more minutes of work before a gasp interrupts them, making Peter drop the screwdriver Dum-E just handed him. "So you do know what the tools are!", Tony yells, and Peter's confused but Dum-E acting innocent. "Don't try and play dumb-", The irony isn't lost on Tony- "I saw you! you know what you're doing! You pass me the wrong tool on purpose!".