Night Out

"Jija ... are you sure?" Heer asked, looking at herself in the mirror. "I mean we don't even know them... and..."

"Ohh! It's okay to marry someone you don't know but not party with them?" Ajabdeh's voice had a hint of taunt as she applied her mascara. "We are already late Heer, I kept him waiting intentionally to see if he would wait, and now I want to be there first!"

"You seem interested." Heer smiled as a pillow flew at her and she caught it in time. "It's called manners!" Ajabdeh smiled. "Let's go!"

"You will wear THIS?" Heer questioned looking at her bare legs, flaunting out of the pink noodle strap backless sequined dress. "Wear a jacket at least!" She raised her eyebrows.

"Heer meri pyaari Heer." Ajabdeh cupped her face with her hands. "We are going to a party, not a Puja, and don't give such mumma dialogues please!"

Heer checked herself in the mirror a little alarmed. Her Floral Palazzo and Orange Top, which was once her Jija's favourite for two weeks until she wanted to throw it away and Heer kept them just like all her other discarded clothes, seemed to flaunt her curves and give her an elegant feel.

"Am I dressed wrong?" She tugged her leather jacket close to her body. "But it's winter."

"And for a party...." Ajabdeh looked at her up and down "Too many clothes!"

"But Jija...."

"We have no time to dress you now. Let's go." The moment Heer walked towards the door Ajabdeh grew alarmed "Wait! What are you doing?." Heer looked confused. "What?"

"You think we will bid Maasa goodbye and leave?" Ajabdeh smirked. "What do you mean? Then how..." Heer looked wide-eyed.

"We will do it my way!" Ajabdeh's devilish smile made Heer gulp. "Jija... forgive me I can't..."

"Oh don't be so scared Heer! Chalooooo!" Ajabdeh pushed her towards her secret escape route.

"Dadabhai! It's 10.15, and the clock tower is still ten odd minutes away." Shakti checked his watch again, a little restless. The boys were in their casual denims and tees with blue and maroon casual blazers for the party. Pratap frowned at the driver's seat of the bright red Ferrari that zoomed through the night of Udaipur.

"Hurry." Shakti tapped at the front making Pratap stare. "Why are you in such a hurry?" A hint of doubt filled his voice.

"Aree Dadabhai umm... Heer... Ajabdeh...would be alone there..."

"She made Kunwar Pratap Singh wait for an hour and a half; it's a little payback time!" Pratap smiled to himself.

"WOW!" a gasp escaped Shakti's lips as Pratap frowned "Kya?" 

"Nothing." 

"What is it, Shakti?"

" For the first time I heard payback and all for a girl from you, one meeting seemed to make quite an impact... Ajabdeh did what many can't!" Shakti searched Pratap's face for reactions.

"It is nothing like that... I don't like to be toyed with." Pratap's tone was monotonous.

"There they are!" Shakti waved at the girls. Ajabdeh was about to wave back before she saw Heer do the same with a smile before her. She pressed her smile to her lips.

"Hi...." Shakti smiled at Heer getting out of the car. "Did we make you wait for long..."

"Thirty minutes." Heer's face was serious as she checked her watch.

"Oh, I'm sorry ..."

"Ahem!" Ajabdeh smiled "Hi Shakti."

Pratap got out of the car to see Ajabdeh smirk at Heer and Shakti and ignored it to walk up to Shakti.