Warrior

"Ma'am." Heer's assistant walked up to her rather reluctantly as she looked nervous. "The press meet will start in five minutes. Sir is calling you." She received a nod from Shakti who was sitting opposite her chair. "She will be there in two minutes." He handed her a glass of water, "Here, calm down. You are confident."

"Tum bhi chalo na Shakti." Heer sulked.

"Look, Heer." He smiled faintly staring into her eyes, " It's a Punwar Mughal alliance, I will be at the side wings, with Ajabdeh. We have faith that you can do this. This is your first of many, okay?"

"Okay, Okay. Jija is here na?" She made Shakti gulp. "Yes, she is." He lied. "Go on now. All the best."

As Heer left to meet Jalal, he dialled Ajabdeh. "Hello??"

"Where are you Ajab, Heer yaha..." "Shakti... beta... I think I am lost."

"Lost? What the..." Shakti frowned "Kaha ho tum?" "Compound mein hi, I can't find the entrance."

"Okay, send me your location, and I will go find you, she will be live in Three minutes Ajab, hurry!"

Heer stared at the curtains of the side wings for the umpteenth time. There was no sign of either Shakti or Ajabdeh. Her heart raced nervously, staring at the huge media gathered in front of them. Jalal came with a smile and a gentle tap from him on her shoulder made her feel at ease.

"Let me handle the tough ones!" He whispered, hugging her gently before taking his seat.

"Let's begin." He smiled as the cameras flashed.

"Congratulations on your wedding plans." A Lady reporter smiled, "Apne toh sab ka dil hi tod diya."

"Thank you. I hope aapka nahi todha." He smirked, making the media persons smile. "So what do we expect from this partnership Mr. Mohammad.?"

"Well, Miss Punwar and I have had a discussion and meeting with each other and we decided to focus on the small-scale, cottage industries and handlooms of our nation. You see India is rich in its handwork, art and craft, handloom and everything. The Government is doing its bit to promote them and I feel if we, the big brands, buy these from villagers directly and sell them here and abroad under our brands, we will definitely, get the price that is worth the products. It will not only help our business but also several artisans and craftsmen working at the grasswood level."

"Ma'am. What are the sectors you will be focused on?" Heer cleared her throat.

"Well. I..." Heer paused as she saw Ajabdeh wave from the side curtains, Shakti in toe, she smiled. "We are right now focused on handicrafts, handloom and also export items, like interior decors, and paintings, sculptures that can interest foreign buyers. Brand showrooms, are being planned, firstly in Udaipur, then across the major cities of the state, and if successful then across India."

"Miss Punwar, going a little off topic here, are you single?" The reporter made the others smile.

"I am." Heer nodded as Jalal stepped in with a frown "No personal questions please, focus on the..."

"You were spotted at a very famous café in the city last week, Miss Punwar." The reporter smirked, "you have something to say about that?"

Ajabdeh stared at a rather annoyed Shakti, "kya kar rahe thee?" she asked, a little hyped.

"Baatein." He shook his head "The media is so..." "What?" Heer was a little taken aback by the surprise.

"Are you dating Kunwar Shakti Singh of Surajgarh?" The man's questions send a buzz across the room.