Crazy Escapade

"Shit Shit Shit!!" Before Pratap could react, Ajabdeh was running down the cliff road rather frantically with her heels in her hand, her long hair getting all over her face in the breeze.

"Are ruk jao! Ajabdeh?" He panted a little cursing himself for not jogging like Shakti each morning.

"Khamma Ghani kakasa!" Ajabdeh stopped at the gates where an old watchman seemed to have just arrived for his duty.

"Baisa! Aap yaha aaj bhi... Yeh kaun hai?" The old man frowned as Ajabdeh, for the first time had company who by now had sat down in the middle of the road from all the running.

"Yeh... friend hai... Princy chalo Kakasa ko khamma ghani kaho, aur inko chai paani ke liye kuch do." She ordered in a tone making Pratap stare as the old man said "Nahi nahi..."

"Are nahi nahi kya? Chalo do!" Her tone made him take out a hundred rupee note from his purse while she snatched it and handed it to the old man. "Kal raat aap thee nahi, sab theek hai na?" She seemed genuinely worried.''

"Ha Baisa... bas meri choti beti thoda bimar..."

"Ahem!" Pratap cleared his throat. "I think we were late?"

"Aree haaa!" Ajabdeh beat her forehead with her palm and walked out of the half-open gate "Okay bye Kakasa, baad mein milenge."

"And he's...?"

"The night guard... ab toh jaan pehchaan ho gayi humari." She smiled, making him shake his head as she looked around.

"O shit, car kaha hai?"

"Kya?" Pratap looked at the empty spot "yehi toh thaa." "Shit ab?" Ajabdeh looked distraught.

"Wait, calm down. Let me call Shakti. Maybe they towed it away."

"Hurry up Hurry up!" She checked the time, "We have to reach before Baba finds out. Shakti soon arrived with Pratap's car as well as a LandRover in tow. He smirked at his brother and his company who both seemed quite sleepless and in the previous night's clothes.

"What's up?" He stood with his hands in his pocket with a wide smile as the duo shared a glance and ran past him to the Rover, Pratap shouted "Take the Ferrari and the driver back to Surajgarh, I am taking this one to pick them up in time, bye!"

Before Shakti could react Pratap had almost thrown the driver off the Land Rover and Ajabdeh had taken the seat beside him as they rode off.

"Aree but... Dadabhai...." Shakti saw the dust from the car as it went out of sight. "You are still in your party clothes.... Ahh never mind!" He smiled "Chalo Driver. Ghar."

"Roko Roko Roko!" Pratap slammed the brakes, surprised at the shout from beside him. "Kaha hai ghar? Am seeing a boundary wall." He looked around.

" Plan suno." Ajabdeh whispered as Pratap frowned "What plan?"

"Areee idiot!" Ajabdeh started as Pratap protested "Hey!"

"Aise clothes mein aaoge lene? Ya phir hum front door pe knock karke parents ko good morning karenge?"

"Toh phir?" Pratap asked worriedly.

" Ruko." She got out of the car and looked around. Beside the huge boundary walls of the Punwar House was a narrow lane. She stood there and whistled. A puzzled Pratap stood closing the door to his car as a small boy about 8-9 seemed to appear there out of nowhere.

"Ghami Khamma Jija!" "Patta! Thank God." "Laya?"

"Haan Jija." He ran into the lane and came back with a ladder all smiles.