8 | The Entrance Exam

Hitoshi and Izuku stood in front of U.A High School. The school responsible for making the world's greatest pro-heroes, such as Best Jeanist, Eraserhead, Present Mic and even All Might.

Aizawa gaped at the school. He hadn't expected it to be so big.

"Stupid Deku." A familiar voice said, alarming the greenette.

Kacchan's here too?

"Ka-Kacchan!"

Bakugou walked past, brushing shoulders with the purple-head. "You here to embarrass yourself, nerd? You know you can't get into U.A without a quirk."

Hitoshi rolled his eyes. "I'm pretty sure you can't get into U.A with a horrible attitude either."

"Hey, that's the kid who survived the sludge villain!"

"His name's Bakugou, right?"

"Yeah, he's the real deal."

Izuku survived the sludge villain too.

Shinsou still remembered the painful memories of the greenette being suffocated by it. It hurt him every time he thought about it. The suffocation he had suffered as a result of his own blindness. If only he could've heard it, if only he could've seen it seconds before it happened, maybe Izuku wouldn't have suffered so badly.

Hito--!

We went through a tunnel because I thought it was a shortcut and Zuku got attacked by a villain!

Texas Smash!

It hurt him every time he thought about it. The suffocation he had suffered as a result of his own blindness. If only he could've heard it, if only he could've seen it seconds before it happened, maybe Izuku wouldn't have suffered so badly.

The greenette in question tugged his sleeve, grabbing his attention. "Hito, let's go. We're going to be late."

They walked into the hall, having to sit on different sides of the room. Izuku walked to his seat, his face growing pale as he saw who was sitting next to him.

Katsuki Bakugou.

He sat down, his anxiety increasing by the second. The anxious butterflies in his stomach began flying rapidly, bouncing off the walls of his organ. He tried to focus on something other than the blonde, his eyes landing on his father down on the stage.

Hizashi began to speak, almost immediately. "What's up, U.A candidates? Thanks for tunin' in to me, your school D.J! Come on and let me hear 'ya!" He shouted, putting his hand up to his ear. No one spoke. "Keepin' it mellow, huh? That's fine, I'll skip straight to the main show. Let's talk about how this practical exam's 'gonna go down, okay?" He got into his usual pose, putting his hand up in the air. "Are you ready?!" Hizashi quietened down. "Yeah!"

The blonde looked up into the crowd. "Like your application says, today you rockin' boys and girls will be out there conducting ten minute mock battles in super-hip urban settings! After I drop the mic here, you will head to your specified battle centres, sound good?" Izuku looked down at his card. "Okay?!" The loud blonde's voice shouted in the background.

"I see," Bakugou started as the greenette flinched at the sudden voice. "They're splitting us up so that we can't work with any of our friends."

Izuku smiled. "Yeah, you're right." He was looking at his own card, which said he was in Test Location B. He looked at Bakugou's, which said he was in Test Location B. "Our examinee numbers are one after the other but we're as-assigned at different battle centres."